|Job Title:||Support Worker|
|Salary:||£10.00 - 11.50 per hour + Travel contribution|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking Support Workers to deliver social care support for service users as part of the community crisis support service (CCSS).
The overall aim of the crisis response service is to avoid unnecessary hospital admissions, or emergency admissions to a care home. The service will offer rapid response short term social care to people who are at risk of an emergency admission to hospital or care home due to a combination of medical deterioration and/or an inability to cope at home. It will provide short term ‘stop-gap’ care while longer term services are organised, where required. It will also help individuals maintain or regain their maximum achievable independence through the provision of both health and social care. The service will be provided as part of a range of home-based integrated care for the registered adult population and/or their carers at a time of crisis or in order to prevent a crisis, and to ensure a longer term solution following a time of crisis. As this role is community based and the client supports people throughout the Nottingham area, you will be required to drive and have access to your own car.
- To support individuals and their carers using a reablement approach to remain in their own environment
- To provide support and care for a specified period of time while alternative services are organised, as appropriate, or whilst independence is regained.
- To work closely with all other partner agencies involved in the patients’ care to provide consistent and responsive care pathways, in particular working with the local care delivery group.
- To support individuals and carers in their own environment in improving quality of life (measured through quality of life indicators)
- The post holder will respond to referrals from clinicians and community health professional in the contract area
- The post holder will be required to have the ability to assess service users’ needs and a complete a care plan for the individual
- The post holder will need to have experience in the delivery of personal care, medication prompting and signposting practical and emotional support in the service user’s home.
- To undertake shifts on a rota basis over seven days per week offering crisis support in the community within the area of the contract
- To have the ability to provide assessment of service users and to develop a care plan of their needs and report back any changes in service users condition
- To support individuals with their personal care, medication prompts, light meal preparation / drinks, shopping and practical emotional support.
- To ensure as safe as possible living environment for service users whilst respecting their choice and rights.
- To make follow up calls as required and to assist service users with activities to re-enable their daily living skills
- To maintain accurate and appropriate records in service users care plans and update office records and systems accordingly
- To ensure when service users health deteriorates escalation procedures are followed.
- To have the ability and knowledge to offer signposting in support of service users’ needs
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in health and social care OR a minimum 2 years’ experience providing similar home care services
- Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent by experience)
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Ability to communicate with health and social care professionals & Ability to deal with service user queries in a diplomatic, professional and confidential manner
- Knowledge of supporting service users, who may be disabled and/or frail, cognitively impaired.
- IT literate
- Good working experience of the delivery of social care support including personal care, feeding and medication prompting
- Enhanced DBS Check
- Car drivers only
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Homeless Night Support Worker
Salary: £11.00 - 14.60 per hour
Housing Support Worker
Salary: £11.00 - 14.20 per hour
Independent Living Support Worker
Salary: £11.00 - 14.20 per hour
Floating Support Worker
Salary: £10.00 - 12.89 per hour
Homeless Support Worker
Salary: £10.00 - 14.20 per hour