Community Short Breaks Worker
|Job Title:||Community Short Breaks Worker|
|Salary:||£9.00 - 11.50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
JOB TITLE: : Community Short Breaks Worker
LOCATION: Shrewsbury, Shropshire
PLACEMENT: ASAP, 37 hours per week
PAY RATE: PAYE from £9 per hour & Umbrella from £11.50 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking Community Short Breaks Worker to provide services to our client who has a short breaks children’s residential service based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire.
The client requires candidates who are passionate about and committed to working with children and young people (aged 4 – 18 years old) who have disabilities. The post holder will be required to support children and young people with disabilities to access and participate in leisure activities in group scenarios and out in the community and to also support and promote their independence, life and social skills and any personal care that is required.
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE:
- providing a flexible responsive, high quality and person centred care to disabled children young people and their families based on an assessment of need in line with their care plan.
- supporting disabled children and young people to access a range of stimulating play, activities and experiences in the community or home.
- building and maintaining professional positive working relationships with children, young people, families, colleagues and other professionals.
- supporting disabled children and young people in their personal care, administration of medication and clinical procedures in line with organisational policies and procedures.
- ensuring the wishes, views and needs of children / young people are heard, acknowledged and responded to by promoting communication and participation.
- adhering to the clients policy procedures and professional practice standards, including Safeguarding and behaviour support policies.
- contributing to the development and evaluation of care plans, inputting to service planning meetings where required and attending meetings as directed, reporting issues raised to line management.
- identifying, assessing and managing risks to self and others and act upon or pass on these risks to minimise them, referring on issues that require specialist or management support. By remaining resilient when faced with challenging situations and adaptable to changing circumstances.
- recording observations and maintaining up to date files (paper and electronic) in a timely manner; undertaking administrative processes as necessary to maintain systems, procedures and office practices.
- participating in training, both at the project and off site, to ensure skills are up to date.
- Experience of working with children and young people would be an advantage. Training will be given relevant to the position.
- A basic understanding of working with children and young people with disabilities would be an advantage
- A positive and approachable manner.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding.
- The ability to engage with, build and maintain rapport with services users.
- Excellent communication skills.
- DBS check
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available