Conservation & Design Officer - Wakefield
|Job Title:||Conservation & Design Officer - Wakefield|
|Salary:||£13.21 - 13.21 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Conservation & Design Officer – Wakefield
Full-Time (37 hours)
To provide with the minimum of supervision independent conservation and design advice to promote historic buildings’ and areas’ protection and enhancement, and urban design.
- In conjunction with the Development Control Manager and Team Leader – Enforcement and Environment, to deliver services, specific projects and annual work programmes in accordance with given priorities and resources
- Responsibility for keeping colleagues and management well informed so that work is co-ordinated and integrated across the department
- To advise Members of the constituent Committees on all relevant issues, preparing reports for and attending when necessary Delegation/Committees
- To represent the group/department and/or lead internal, corporate or external projects, as necessary and commensurate with ability and experience
- To establish and maintain effective working relationships between management, employees and trade unions
- To ensure all policies, practices, legislation and codes of practice are adhered to
- To contribute to the development of staff through mentoring and devising and preparing advisory notes, and advising and guiding elected members.
- To prepare urgent works and repairs notices including legal enforcement and preparation of tender documentation.
- Preparation of Risk Assessments in relation to historic buildings at risk
- To provide advice on historic building and area conservation, and design issues;
- To provide conservation and design advice on planning and listed building consent applications, including advertisements and conservation area consent applications;
- To appraise submitted plans and architectural drawings proposed by applicants, developers and Council officers in liaison with English Heritage, West Yorkshire Archaeology Service and local civic and historical societies;
- To be responsible for managing and prioritising own workload in accordance with priorities of the service;
- To provide advice to property owners and Council departments on the specialised repair and maintenance of historic buildings;
- To be responsible for on site checking of works by developers to ensure that such complies with relevant planning and/or listed building consents and conditions;
- To be responsible for the maintenance and update of heritage records and ensure the necessary modification of relevant WMDC data sets accordingly;
- To assist the enforcement of legislation relating to historic buildings, including appearance at court cases, public inquiries, hearings and other forms as necessary;
- To assist the Senior Conservation & Design Officer in the development of conservation and heritage strategies for the District, and advise on other conservation and design related plans and strategies;
- To advise upon policy, design and repairs for historic buildings and conservation areas, and contribute to adjustments and additions in the relevant development plans and policies;
- Undertake other duties (within competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with changing organisational objectives.
- To secure, advise and assist with grant funding bids and development and delivery of heritage-led regeneration schemes.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 020 8514 9176.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Revenues Officer - Southwark Council
Salary: £22.41 - 22.41 per hour
Senior Finance Officer - Bristol
Salary: £19.64 - 19.64 per hour
Admin Officer - Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council
Salary: £10.29 - 10.29 per hour
Information & Access Officer - Kirklees Council
Salary: £10.41 - 10.41 per hour
Financial Management Information Officer - Bolton
Salary: £14.63 - 14.63 per hour