Consultant in Public Health
|Job Title:||Consultant in Public Health|
|Salary:||£42.30 - 52.71 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
JOB TITLE: Consultant in Public Health
PLACEMENT: to start 26/10/2020, 37 hours per week
PAY RATE: PAYE from £42.30 per hour & Umbrella from £52.71 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Consultant in Public Health for our client based in Shropshire. Our client will consider part time or full time positions and will allow post holders to work remotely as part of their role.
Responsibilities will include health protection and health improvement programmes. The post holders will play a key role in building the health and wellbeing offer within the Council and partnerships across health, social care and the Third Sector. These will be system wide initiatives to provide health improvement and prevention at scale across the Sustainable Transformation partnership in Shropshire.
The client is looking for a systems leader who can communicate effectively and influence change across a wide range of stakeholders. You will be committed to tackling the wider determinants of health as well as able to demonstrate a good range of core Public Health skills. A good track record of working at a senior level in local government, managing staff and communicating complex information to a wide range of audiences will be a clear advantage.
The post-holder will provide strategic specialist advice in development of inter-agency and interdisciplinary short- and long-term strategic plans for securing health improvement both in the general population and in vulnerable groups at high risk of poor health and or reduced life expectancy.
ESSENTIAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Inclusion in the GMC Full and Specialist Register with a license to practice/GDC Specialist List (or be eligible for registration within six months of interview) or Inclusion in the UK Public Health Register (UKPHR) for Public Health Specialists (or be eligible for registration within six months of interview)
- If included in the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List in a specialty other than public health medicine/dental public health, candidates must have equivalent training and/or appropriate experience of public health practice
- Public health specialty registrar applicants who are not yet on the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List in dental public health/UKPHR must provide verifiable signed documentary evidence that they are within 6 months of gaining entry at the date of interview; all other applicants must provide verifiable signed documentary evidence that they have applied for inclusion in the GMC/GDC/UKPHR specialist registers
- If an applicant is UK trained in Public Health, they must ALSO be a holder of a Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT), or be within six months of award of CCT by date of interview
If an applicant is non-UK trained, they will be required to show evidence of equivalence to the UK CCT.
- Applicants must meet minimum CPD requirements (i.e. be up to date) in accordance with Faculty of Public Health requirements or other recognised body
- MFPH by examination, by exemption or by assessment
- Delivery of successful change management programmes across organizational boundaries
- Experience of using complex information to explain public health issues to a range of audiences
- Ability to design, develop, interpret and implement strategies and policies
A full job description is available upon request.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available