Consultant in Public Health – Bracknell Forest
We are currently seeking a Consultant in Public Health to join Bracknell Forest Council on a 6-month contract.
The Post Holder will be: -
- the principal public health lead for sexual and reproductive health and Public Health Emergency Planning Preparedness and Response (PH EPRR) across Berkshire Local Authorities, providing advice and leadership
- the principal advisor to the Strategic Director of Public Health and the six Local Authorities Health and Wellbeing Boards on all sexual and reproductive health and PH EPRR matters in the Local Authority areas;
- the Accountable Officer /Senior Responsible Officer/ Head of Service for the effective delivery of the sexual and reproductive health agenda and delivery plan(s) for sexual and reproductive health across Berkshire;
- the change agent for sexual and reproductive health and PH EPRR with accountability with others for end results in improvement in health protection functions.
- Within Berkshire, the speciality of Public Health supporting each of six Local Authorities is provided by a shared model of public health delivery to maximise the opportunities of sharing and promoting best practice across Berkshire. Each Local Authority has a local PH team with a shared strategic team to support cross Berkshire working. This consultant will be part of this shared team enhancing health protection and emergency planning across Berkshire.
- Inclusion in the GMC Full and Specialist Register with a license to practice/GDC Specialist List (or be eligible for registration within six months of interview) or
- Inclusion in the UK Public Health Register (UKPHR) for Public Health Specialists (or be eligible for registration within six months of interview)
- Master’s in public health or equivalent
- MFPH by examination, by exemption or by assessment
Salary is up to £700 per day
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall on 0208 514 9176