Consultant Social Worker | Family Support (Safeguarding) | North Herts, Stevenage
We require an experienced Consultant Social Worker to work within a Family Support (Safeguarding) Team based within North Herts, Stevenage. To be successful for this role, you are required to have a minimum of 2 years recent Social Worker experience of working within a Family Support (Safeguarding) Team.
The post holder will have supervisory responsibility for up to two professional assistants/support services staff or other areas of specified responsibility as outlined above. The role does not have managerial or direct budgetary responsibility but may be required to work evenings, weekends and occasional public holidays, in order to meet service requirements in respect of service user needs.
Permanent – Salary range is £39,358 - £41,846 per year - 37 hours per week
Consultant Social Workers will have experience of:
- Carrying out single assessments, Working with disabled children
- Short breaks and direct payments, Excellent written skills
- Child Protection, Supporting Families
- Undertaking child protection investigations and assessments of risk/need, for cases which meet agreed threshold
- Work closely with adult’s specialists to develop creative multi-disciplinary care plans for children who are subject to child protection or child in need plans
- Inform the Team Manager when they consider care/PLO proceedings may need to be initiated
- Undertake assessments and recommend to the practice manager the appropriate level of intervention and service provision
To apply for this the Consultant Social Worker must have:
- 2 Years Post Qualifying Social Work Experience
- Children’s Social Work Qualified
- Be HCPC Registered
- A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- Relevant Experience working with a Family Support Team or Locality Team
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Must have Experience in Section 47
- Welcome Payment of £1000 (After 6 months Satisfactory Service)
- Market Forces Payment of £5,000 Per Year (Paid Monthly)
- Relocation Package of up to £6,000 (Those choosing to re-locate – Subject to T’s & C’s)
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Healthcare professionals.
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area:
Please contact Max Catherall on 0208 514 9176.