Contracts Officer - Sutton
|Job Title:||Contracts Officer - Sutton|
|Salary:||£22 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
Contracts Officer – Sutton (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Rate: £22.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- To assist in the monitoring of the contractual performance of one designated service area, of Waste Collection, Street Cleaning and Winter Maintenance, Parks, Verges and cemeteries, ensuring contractual compliance measuring both local and contractual Performance Indicators.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, local community groups, ward councillors, the South London Waste Partnership contractors (and other service providers as appropriate), local businesses, other public agencies and other stakeholders to resolve any issues and to assist the Neighbourhood Managers in the development of frontline services.
- Deliver core service activities under the close supervision of a more senior member of staff.
- Manage the resolution of complex customer complaints/issues within area of expertise, escalating where appropriate.
- Drive and operate heavy plant machinery or specialist equipment.
- Maintain regular communication with other internal or external service providers to ensure efficient and coordinated service delivery.
- Create and populate basic databases to hold and manage information and service information to support senior officers in managing the service.
- Allocate tasks and review the work more junior team members to ensure work is delivered to time and quality standards.
- Procure goods and services within financial limits using the Council’s purchasing systems and rules.
- In conjunction with the Neighbourhood Managers, assist in monitoring the budget for the designated service area, ensuring that resources are utilised efficiently and that services provided are within the approved budgets levels.
- To contribute to the management of the contractual performance of the identified services, ensuring statutory, legal and contractual compliance; a sustainable and customer focused service; managed within identified budgets and compliance with corporate requirements
- Closely monitor all aspects of work allocated to contractors, paying particular attention to health and safety arrangements, programming of works, inspections and quality checking to measure performance against both local and contractual indicators. This may involve the preparation of documentation for the application of contractual rectifications and defaults in performance.
- Assist in the development and strengthening of effective working relationships between Neighbourhood Services and Elected Members, including the preparation of service information, responses and reports to Council Committees, Working Parties, Community Groups and voluntary sector agencies
- Assist in the development of contracts managed by the section, work closely with colleagues, and Partnership to integrate and improve services.
- Participate in the operation of the emergency procedures for dealing with urgent problems, both during and outside normal working hours.
- Liaise with South London Waste Partnership officers to share all information required to ensure the effective management of contracts.
- To assist in the preparation of responses to enquiries and complaints from MP’s, Councillors, friends groups and the public within the corporate timeframes liaising with contractors, the South London Waste Partnership and others as appropriate to resolve issues raised.
- To deputise for the Neighbourhood Manager as required and perform any other duties that may be required commensurate with the salary and grade
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Admissions Officer - Manchester
Salary: £13 per hour
Paralegal Officer - Northallerton
Salary: £15 per hour
HR Support Officer
Salary: £12.85 - 12.85 per hour
Senior Communications Officer
Salary: Market related
Benefits Officer - Coventry
Salary: £10.39 - 10.39 per hour