Council Tax Officer - Basildon
|Job Title:||Council Tax Officer - Basildon|
|Salary:||£21 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Council Tax Officer – Basildon (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £21.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- To Issue requiring replies are properly actioned within defined timescales;
- Overall quality standards are maintained and improved.
- View and update computer records within defined policies and procedures ensuring that database integrity is maintained in accordance with best practice and accurately always reflects the Valuation List and Local Rating List.
- Amend accounts to show changes in payment methods and frequency of payments to be made within defined policies and procedures.
- Process applications for discounts, exemptions, and reliefs (including small business rate relief) and the periodic review of these and provide timely and accurate advice to customers of their potential entitlements.
- Establish and monitor payment arrangements within defined policies and procedures to maximise income to the Council and confirm acceptance/refusal of customer requests as required.
- Liaise with other Council sections to ensure that enquiries and account amendments are resolved fully, effectively, and professionally within defined timescales.
- Process Bailiff returns including preparing debt write-offs where they are deemed to be irrecoverable. Process other potential abscond cases including preparing papers with evidence for write-off.
- Review the Enforcement Stage on cases to determine whether further recovery action should be taken.
- At Court hearings, answer customer enquiries and make payment arrangements, including the updating of accounts and despatch of required documents after returning to the office.
- Check recovery pre-lists, apply for summonses at Magistrate's Court and occasionally represent the authority at Liability Order hearings.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Billing and Benefits Officer - Basildon
Salary: £13 per hour
Camden Council - Senior Planning Officer
Salary: £24 per hour
Hillingdon Council - Revenue Officer (Revenue & Benefits)
Salary: £25 per hour
Cemetery Assistant - Basildon
Salary: £13 per hour
Brokerage Officer - Uxbridge
Salary: £20 per hour