Covid-19 Manager/Health Protection Manager
|Job Title:||Covid-19 Manager/Health Protection Manager|
|Salary:||£280 - 345 per day|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
JOB TITLE: Covid-19 Manager/Health Protection Manager
LOCATION: Castlewood, North Somerset
PLACEMENT: ASAP, ongoing. 37 hours a week
PAY: PAYE day rate £280 & Umbrella day rate £345
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Covid 19 Manager who will manage the North Somerset Health Protection response in relation to COVID-19 outbreaks, working with Public Health England, South West Health Protection team / NHS England / BNSSG CCG and other partners.
This role is responsible for the co-ordination and delivery of the Local Outbreak Management plan in order to support in protecting the residents of the county. The postholder will work closely with the Director of Public Health and public health consultants to provide effective responses to outbreaks and other health protection responsibilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate the delivery of the Local Outbreak Management Plan and ensure that appropriate arrangements for North Somerset are in place, through producing policy and review documents and commenting on those from other agencies.
- Work closely with the Local Resilience Forum and other agencies to understand the multiagency response required in the management of serious incidents including the pandemic response.
- Produce and present written reports, communicating conclusions and implications of results drawn from health protection analyses to influence the recommended course of action for a wide range of audiences, including key stakeholders such as elected members, senior managers, multi-agency boards and the general public protection agenda, can be used effectively by non-scientists, using a range of digital and/or paper-based formats.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure the collection of information for planning, monitoring and strategic purposes. Analyse and manipulate data to produce added value statistics about actual and projected health outcomes to support informed decision making.
- Contribute to management and oversight of the day-to-day Covid-19 health protection response, particularly complex issues and situations, to prevent and manage outbreaks.
- Ensure Outbreak Control Meetings/Incident Management Team meetings are convened to and manage situations including, where required, chairing those meetings, assessing risk, and confirming all actions are implemented successfully.
- Ensure the provision of testing units, local/regional testing cells and contact tracing arrangements are deployed where necessary, in accordance with the local outbreak management plan, and support and develop the delivery of local systems and procedures to manage infection risk in key areas e.g. weekly multi-agency and multi-disciplinary incident management team meetings for care homes, schools and workplace situations.
- Support the work of Public Health professionals in the effective proactive delivery of expert public health services through effective research, technical guidance and communication.
- Provide specialist public health responses on behalf of the council to consultations on the development of health programmes, projects, services and related issues in relation to COVID-19, challenging national methodologies and outputs as appropriate, to progress best practice
- Establish and maintain appropriate links between colleagues and other professionals to provide a clear understanding of each other’s priorities and ways of working to inform the work on health protection and the wider determinants of health.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and the public, both verbally and in writing through the appropriate use of case notes and other record keeping within information sharing protocols and record keeping policies. Ensure compliance with the requirement of Caldicott, the Data Protection Act, Human Rights Act and other relevant policy, legislation and guidance and establish the ways in which these should be interpreted within the health protection team.
- Manage the Health Protection Practitioner and lead multi-disciplinary teams to support identified priority health protection outcomes.
- Commission and performance manage any relevant health protection support/services and ensure value for money, compliance with regulatory standards including clinical governance and national and local performance and evidence frameworks.
- An approved professional qualification (e.g. minimum of a Masters’ degree in Public health) relevant to the area of work and experience of working with health and care services on a range of issues, specifically outbreak management and strategy development.
- Understanding of the multiagency response required in the management of health protection risks and serious incidents.
- Experience in service development and embedding improvements into work methodologies.
- Ability to communicate and engage effectively with a wide range of communities, using a range of methods to suit the audience.
- Ability to chair, facilitate, manage and participate in meetings as appropriate.
- Proven ability to interpret and analyse highly complex information and situations.
- Excellent ICT skills including the use of Microsoft applications, especially Excel, and any relevant specialist systems to analyse data.
- Demonstrable skills in information analysis, critical appraisal and report writing.
- Understanding and experience of working within information governance and data security guidelines.
- Successful management / leadership experience in the NHS or other public sector organisation to understand the governance required.
- Experience of supervising/managing other members of staff and projects that span multiple departments and organisations
- The postholder may be required to work outside of normal office hours and participate in ‘on call’ rotas, this may be an urgent response in relation to a local outbreak.
A full job description is available upon request.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies, please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Assistant Enablement Manager
Salary: £14.00 - 17.50 per hour
Health Promotion Manager - Mental Health & Wellbeing
Salary: £18 per hour
Supervised Contact & Intervention Worker
Salary: £12.33 - 12.33 per hour
Education Health and Care (EHC) Plan Writer (Grade 7)
Salary: £12.00 - 15.50 per hour
Enablement Support Worker
Salary: £12.33 - 12.33 per hour