Crematorium Technician - Broxtowe
|Job Title:||Crematorium Technician - Broxtowe|
|Salary:||£12.31 - 12.31 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Amber Debens|
|Job Published:||15 days ago|
Crematorium Technician – Broxtowe
Salary: £ 12.31 Per Hour
Full Time (37 hours per week)
Carry out Cremations and associated duties at Bramcote Crematorium in accordance with the Cremation Act and the Guiding Principles of the Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management, including any future amendments. Provide cover for other employees to allow for flexibility of working.
- Carry out cremations; clean/rake out cremators; accurate transfer and handling of ashes; Cremulation duties; inter or scatter ashes; emission monitoring and other associated work. Distribute ashes to funeral directors and families.
- Handle tributes in a safe and respectful manner; remove tributes from viewing area to display area; clean viewing area, display area and reflection garden; clear old flower displays and tributes; remove flowers from grounds and display areas as and when required.
- Clean employee and public facilities and toilets; sweep and mop all floor areas; clean all wall tiles, doors and windows; clean internal lights; clean/maintain car parks, driveways and paved areas; clean equipment and tools; maintain crematory and associated areas to the highest standard.
- Maintain cremators and cremulator in working order; de-ash cremator; general repairs and maintenance to buildings and grounds. Keep appropriate maintenance records and logs.
- Deal with all necessary paperwork relating to cremations, make entries in registers; compile stock reports; generate orders for stock using approved system; generate ash-holding reports for office action; generate stock level reports as and when required.
- Provide full administrative support to the general office, including phone duties, making service bookings; liaising with funeral directors, clergy and service users; inputting of data onto computer system; production of daily reports and information; book of remembrance/memorial advice and sales;
- Undertake day-to-day duties, including monitoring and control of cremations by computer input; monitor analytical equipment - change filters and calibrate as required; compile statistical information and reports as required; resolve general technical problems during cremations; report any problems to the Assistant Manager; monitor stock/equipment levels and generate order as necessary; receive and compute funeral bookings in general office.
- Provide chapel attendant cover either service chapel as required. Liaise with Officiants, organists, public and funeral directors, receive funerals, check coffin identification, resolve minor issues in a professional and respectful manner; ensure serious issues are brought to the attention of the management immediately; control of service light system; accurate playing of music and audio systems; supervision of flower display area; closing of curtains, if necessary; tidying and preparing chapel for next funeral; downloading and programming of the music system, maintain download administration.
- Maintain orderly conduct and report accordingly. Lock/unlock buildings and gates as required. Liaise with visitors to the Crematorium, giving advice and help, as necessary. Open Books of Remembrance to appropriate day; receive and compute funeral bookings during designated times.
- Any other relevant duties as may be required by the Bereavement Services Manager
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Amber Debens 0208 514 9148