Customer Service Officer - Bognor Regis
|Job Title:||Customer Service Officer - Bognor Regis|
|Salary:||£12.50 - 12.50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||27 days ago|
Customer Service Officer – Bognor Regis (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Rate: £12.50ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
The role is responsible for providing a transactional front-line service direct to customers, providing solutions to queries and issues raised, for example, answering customer enquires through phone, email, letter, and social media and making outbound calls. The focus of this role is to deliver a truly customer-
focused service which delivers ‘Customer Excellence’ standards consistently and supports the residents of West Sussex.
- To contribute towards the delivery of the Council’s transformation programme. This will include:
- Be proactive in providing key information to the wider service so action can be taken to proactively inform the customer and customer service centre to reduce the volume of inbound calls.
- Work closely with the wider service to ensure key information is available on the Website to encourage and support customer self-serve.
- This role will work to customer focused processes and policy that supports the Customer Strategy.
- Resolve a range of customer enquiries via telephone, letter, email and social media and for example Freedom of Information request. This will involve liaison with a range of people, in order to ensure that customer issues are dealt with promptly; taking ownership of all enquiries and ensuring that the customer is kept up to date, reducing the volume of ‘avoidable contact’ services receive.
- Use initiative and judgement to decide how best to respond to a query, including asking colleagues to draft responses, referring customers to other organisations/ colleagues, sending interim letters, etc. This may include using knowledge of the wider organisation, for example, knowing which department to contact to develop a response and interpreting highly technical information and convey it to the customer in a way which is meaningful and helpful.
- Provide service continuity and ensure service levels are maintained, including responding to variations in service demand.
- Receive and process customer enquires within core systems, respond if appropriate, liaise with technical staff and allocate customer enquiries to the appropriate person or team.
- Use of a range of software tools, including all the Microsoft packages, to log calls and letters, write responses to customers, send and receive emails. Use of specialist equipment, such as, social media and the County Council websites in order to resolve queries.
- Carry out efficiently a range of other administrative tasks, such as opening post, letter writing, filing and carrying out other support duties, including technical support. Taking effective care of records and documents for future reference.
- To remain up to date and compliant with all relevant organisational procedures, policies and professional codes of conduct in order to uphold standards of best practice.
- Support equality and diversity and respects customers, clients and other members of staff regardless of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic origin.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's