Customer Services Officer | Revenues & Benefits | Haringey
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Customer Service Officer for a local authority in Haringey carrying out a range of customer focused administrative duties.
Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to enquiries, concerns or requests for Housing Benefit and Council Tax services. To deliver Customer Service excellence by telephone, email, letters or text across a range of Council services ensuring swift resolution for our customers.
- To deal with telephone and face to face enquiries, emails, letters and texts from customers in a professional manner
- To interrogate the Council's systems to provide information and resolution to our customers (Raise service requests and update system notebooks as appropriate)
- To record and maintain customer records, comply with Council policies and procedures and ensure confidentiality of customer information always.
- Ensure your duties are undertaken with regard and compliance of the Data Protection Act and other legislation.
- To be sensitive to the needs of our diverse local community whilst ensuring swift and appropriate action for our customers.
- To demonstrate empathy and professionalism always in an environment that can sometimes be demanding and stressful.
- To process and record debit and credit card payments by our customers.
- To encourage and assist customers to access Council services, forms and information via the Councils website.
- To ensure swift resolution to a range of enquiries from our customers at the first point of contact to avoid the need to call or visit the Council for the same matter again.
- Perform any other duties consistent with responsibilities and level for the role.
- Carry out all duties in accordance with the Council's Health & Safety policy.
- Knowledge of customer services, preferably in a Local Government environment.
- Knowledge of Housing/Council Tax Benefits and Council Tax legislation and/or other Council Services.
- Experience of working within an operational service delivery environment
- Experience of dealing directly with and advising customers
- Experience of using computer systems including Microsoft Office and/or other work-related systems such as Northgate Revenues
Salary is £22ph.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and care professionals.
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Charlotte Park on 0208 911 1085