Data Specialist - Preston
|Job Title:||Data Specialist - Preston|
|Salary:||£20.16 - 20.16 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||19 days ago|
Data Specialist – Preston (Temp Contract)
Full-Time (37 hours)
To set up the systems, processes and templates for collecting, analysing and reporting on vulnerable children; taking into account data from schools, partners and children's social care to inform progress against priorities and use of resources .
• To ensure an evidence base is available to inform priorities and resource allocation and to provide weekly monthly and annual data to meet the needs of the management team.
• To inform the development of broader E&CS systems development and data requirements.
• Advanced skills in the use of MS Access and Excel to analyse performance and attainment data including collecting and validating raw data, manipulating and checking datasets, and creating reports to inform education improvement.
• To create and work with large databases holding 10,000's of records, writing and updating queries and SQL, and contributing (through the xx team) to processes for creating bespoke reports for all Lancashire Schools. This includes developing efficient strategies for checking accuracy of data.
• To understand statistical information and contribute to the development of new assessment products and reports in line with current policies and schools' needs
• Work within the Key Schools Project Team to ensure that statutory responsibilities in respect of the collection, transfer and reporting of information are met.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Advanced/high level skills in MS Office (in particular Access and Excel) including experience of using VBA and SQL
• Ability to manipulate raw data
• Ability to set up processes
• A good understanding of how statistical techniques can be applied to the analysis of data.
• The ability to collect, store, analyse, interpret and report on large volumes of complex data.
• The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• The ability to work as part of a team.
• The ability to work systematically, accurately and with attention to detail
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 020 8514 9176.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's