Debt Recovery Officer - Camden
|Job Title:||Debt Recovery Officer - Camden|
|Salary:||£19 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Debt Recovery Officer – Camden (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £19.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- To provide a cost effective and performance focussed specialist debt recovery service across all directorates of the Council, supporting Debt Recovery Managers in reducing the overall level of debt in the Council and the time taken to recover debt.
- The post holder will work closely with the team managers and support other staff in the provision of a revenue accounting and collection service across the team.
- Specialisms within the role will focus on Sundry, Adult Social Care and Housing Benefit Debt.
- The post holder will manage a complex series of debt recovery areas/cases, by undertaking and maintaining all aspects of debt collection, system/workflow, monitoring and controlling all Sundry, Adult Social Care and Housing Benefit debt, using the internal as well as the external debt recovery service supplier and the court service.
- To manage cases through to completion delivering work objectives set by the Debt Recovery Manager to the agreed deadlines.
- Working with Debt Recovery Managers to develop and implement any changes in collection policy by also contributing to the development of policies, procedures and debt recovery strategies.
- Responsible to instigate and conduct cases of administration (appointeeship) for Adult Social Care clients.
- Assist Debt Recovery managers when attending court hearings on behalf of Camden.
- Provide day to day advice to internal and external customers.
- Undertake complex checking, coding, calculations and information processing activities and any reporting relevant to Credit Control and collate and prepare statistical and financial information from systems presenting information for use by senior staff for operational/budget management and policy development purposes.
- Prioritise, manage and undertake any other duties that the post holder might reasonably be expected to perform.
- Assist in the development and review of the section’s procedures, systems and working practices.
- To act as a divisional designated fraud officer responsible for ensuring that the correct benefit is paid to genuine claimants only, investigating the overpayment of benefits and referring cases to the investigating team as appropriate.
- Prioritise and deal with any queries and liaise with legal debt collectors, members of the public, debtors and officers concerning the recovery of debt.
- Continuously manage, monitor and review debt accounts, using judgement regarding the financial viability of recovery.
- Take appropriate action on the chasing of debt including; personal telephone contact with debtors, the referring of debt to solicitors and debt collection agencies.
- Operate and maintain records, schedules and systems to ensure processes are carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Recover debt associated with businesses in receivership, liquidation or administration.
- Provide advice and support to service users as necessary, to ensure they understand the debt recovery processes and its implications.
- Prioritise and deal with all the correspondence, telephone enquiries and complaints.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available