Deputy Area Manager | Independent Fostering Agency | Chatham
Permanent - Fulltime - 40 Hours
4Recruitment Services require an experienced Deputy Area Manager to lead the social work teams within Chatham. The Successful Deputy Area Manager will be required to have a minimum of 3 years post qualifying experience in children's services/ foster care delivery.
Our Client is a high-quality Independent Fostering Agency (IFA) consistently rated by Ofsted as 'Outstanding' since their first inspection in 2008. We are forward thinking, creative and responsive to the needs of both the young people we care for, and the carers who take on this demanding yet rewarding task. The TLC (Therapeutically Led Care) service exists to meet the needs of developmentally traumatised and poorly attached children and young people, who may be very challenging to care for.
Deputy Area Manager Role -
The Deputy Area Manager will ensure all aspects of the Fostering Service are compliant with The Care Standards Act 2000, National Minimum Standards 2011 and Fostering Service Regulations 2011 / 2013. Directly responsible for service delivery within a defined region, the Deputy Area Manager will develop and deliver the agency's fostering service, supervise social work and support staff to ensure the highest possible standards of care and outcomes for children and young people. Express, explore and process their emotional responses to the young person Enhance their understanding of behaviours - identifying underlying feelings and needs.
- To effectively plan, grow and manage the foster care operation to achieve high standards and quality of service delivery to meet customer requirements and prescribed National Standards.
- To provide a professional fostering service which places the needs of looked after children at the top of its priorities.
- To provide a focus on the TLC service development and delivery.
- To ensure recruitment of staff and foster carers meets the National Minimum Standards.
- Management agreement and matching of placements within the area. Carry out negotiations between Blue Sky Fostering and the placing Local Authority with respect to placement of children, assisting in the identification of suitable services. Ensure that all agreements appertaining to placements and services are completed and adhered to.
- To recruit, interview, appoint social work staff.
- To ensure their staff team are provided with the necessary training, supervision, probation, yearly appraisals and be responsible for performance management.
- Organise monthly team meetings, with set agenda and provide minutes of the meeting to the Registered Manager.
Do you have? -
- A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- Be HCPC Registered
- A minimum of 3 years post qualifying experience in children's services/ foster care delivery
- Experience of working with children, understanding of trauma and attachment, and therapeutic parenting models
- Experience of managing and leading others, supervising staff and service development
- Knowledge of child care legislation - fostering regulations, care planning regulations
- Experience of working to targets and performance indicators
- Effective report writing skills, including undertaking complaint investigations
- Ability to complete high quality assessments
- Experience of group work and delivering training
- To travel as required across the south of England and have a current driving license
Rate is £38,000 upwards per year
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Healthcare Professionals.
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- 28 days holiday in your first year (bank holiday days are extra!)
- Long Service day awarded after every 3 years (up to 12 years)
- Birthday day off
- Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a free day off)
- Auto Enrollment Pension Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Fostertalk membership
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Scheme
- Private healthcare scheme
- OOH Allowance
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy please contact Charlotte Park on 0208 911 1085.