Deputy Care Manager
|Job Title:||Deputy Care Manager|
|Salary:||£24.78 - 30.30 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Emma Fisher|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Advert REFERENCE EMAFDEPUTY
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Deputy Manager to support our client based in London, W10.
The Deputy Manager is responsible for supporting the manager in the day-to-day management and maintenance of the home in line with the statement of purpose and the Quality Care Standards. This position is based in a Children’s Residential Home.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- To support the manager in ensuring the delivery of personalised high quality care that meets the children’s needs and supports them to achieve their full potential.
- To ensure that young people are appropriately involved in decisions about their care and living arrangements ensuring that their voices, wishes and feelings are central to their support plans, care plans and overall culture of the home.
- To provide a stable and nurturing environment to promote and safeguard the young people's welfare and promote their health and development, taking account of their culture, race, religion, disability, gender and sexual orientation
- To ensure that staff support children in making measurable progress towards achieving their educational goals and learning potential through; creating an aspirational and supportive learning environment; close working with educational providers and creatively overcoming the barriers to learning that each individual child may face.
- To ensure that children take part in and benefit from a variety of activities, both inside and outside the home, that meet their needs and develop and reflect their creative, intellectual, physical and social interests and skills.
- To support young people in practicing their faith and taking part in religious activities as an integral part helping them develop a positive identity and good self esteem.
- To ensure that staff meet the emotional, mental and physical health and well being needs of children and ensure they are receiving advice, services and support in relation to their health and well-being.
- Undertake and model direct interventions with young people, including key working, when required.
- To ensure a reflective, strength based, culture within the home where staff and children can develop positive relationships with each other based on mutual respect and trust.
- To support the manager in ensuring that the home is providing well planned care, effectively managing admissions, transitions and departures ensuring that the emotional wellbeing and welfare of each child is protected.
- To support the manager in working in partnership with the placing authority, parents, carers, and the young people in order to implement the care plan for each individual young person, seeing that their situation is reviewed in accordance with the requirements set down in The Children Act, 1989 and associated guidance.
- To ensure that young people learn the necessary skills and are prepared to move on to more independent living.
- To attend any relevant meetings, where appropriate, in relation to safeguarding or planning and to ensure that any subsequent actions or plans are implemented.
- NVQ level 4/5 in Leadership and social care or equivalent
- Enhanced DBS
- Knowledge of Children’s Act 1989 and associated legislation, regulations, child care practice and statutory provision.
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar setting.
- Ability to work flexibly, outside office hours and to be available for consultation when required.
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 07442 626 815 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available