Deputy Head of Provider Services | Housing and Adult Social Services Team | Islington
Contract – 12 months
We require an experienced Deputy Head of Service to work within a Housing and Adults Services Team based within Islington. The successful candidate will be responsible for in house care services, including Reablement, Day and residential services.
You will be providing direct operational management support to all In House Provider Services Including both regulated and non-regulated service areas. You will also ensure the provision of high quality, person centred, safe, efficient, effective, responsive and innovative services in line with Council aims, plans and policies.
Duties to include:
- To deputise for the In-House Head of Provider Services as required and contribute to the direction and management of the division.
- To ensure that all services are person centred, values based and have effective systems for user and carer engagement in service development.
- To support the In-House Head of Provider Services on all operational matters in relation to direct provider services
- To support service leaders and managers to develop robust service development plans in line with the Adult Social Care Plan.
- To lead on safeguarding within directly provided services and ensure high levels of safeguarding knowledge and awareness within the relevant services. Ensure safeguarding processes are complied with and that the person concerned is kept central to any process.
- To support co-ordination of responses to legal enquiries and processes e.g. Inquests, police investigations etc including attending Court to represent LBI where necessary.
- To work with internal and external partners to support the continued development, design and implementation of new integrated operating models for community based Reablement Services including; Discharge to Assess and Admission Avoidance. Operationally managing key performance and quality standards and ensuring the development and delivery is fully aligned across partner organisations.
- To facilitate effective partnership working and service delivery via commissioning strategy and CCG plans for integration, taking a lead on the formal operation of council and/or NHS policies and procedures on personnel related matters as appropriate to the staff involved.
- To work corporately with other council departments to ensure all in house buildings, facilities and resources are maximised to their full potential and that income generation is realised where appropriate.
- To support the coordination and delivery of the Learning and Development strategy for the portfolio, working with training providers that are fit for purpose and ensuring the strategy is implemented and maintained.
- To facilitate and promote a process of culture and practice improvement across all relevant areas
- To provide expert advice to Senior Leaders on areas relating to CQC regulation within directly provided services.
- To lead on service and business development for all services, ensuring a strong focus on effective positioning of services in the local provider market, developing and maintaining outstanding outcomes and the development of new service offers and income streams.
- To ensure that robust systems for service planning, performance measurement and improvement in regulated and directly provided services are developed and implemented.
To apply for this role you must have:
- A relevant Social Work qualification & experience (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- Enhanced DBS
- Ability to represent the Council at a senior level including in external meetings and in legal proceedings
- Housing and Adult Services Experience
- Ability to ensure effective setting of budgets and the ongoing monitoring and control
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and be able to demonstrate further leadership development
Salary is £Negotiable per hour.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Care professionals. We offer:
- One on one specialist Social Work consultant care based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Ethan Leuii on 0208 911 1082.