Development and Design Engineer - Hull
|Job Title:||Development and Design Engineer - Hull|
|Salary:||£19.64 - 19.64 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||5 days ago|
Development and Design Engineer – Hull
Salary: £ 19.64ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- The post holder will take a lead role within a flexible team, investigating, developing, designing, commissioning and managing high quality civil engineering projects which contribute to the objectives of the City Council’s Policy's and Strategies.
- To assist the Highway Asset Management, Development and Design Manager in the provision of an effective service that will significantly support community sustainability through maintaining the highway asset, promoting sustainable transport and reduce road traffic accidents in an efficient and co-ordinated manner which impacts upon the local physical environment
- To provide a consultancy service for the Asset Management Team and others, such as the Area Teams which is customer focused, that works within budgets, tight timescales and ensures compliance to the latest statutory and technical requirements.
- To undertake evening and weekend meetings as required
- To provide effective leadership and guidance to investigate, develop, design and manage, high quality civil engineering projects, which in turn will contribute to the objectives of the City Council's Strategies and Plans.
- To provide a positive approach to customer service, ensuring that service delivery recognises the differing needs of local communities through liaison with Area Teams and others, and is tailored to meet those needs. To develop embedded, responsive, informative, professional advice and concise feedback to Area Teams and others, such that the service delivery satisfies local community needs and reflects the political and democratic dimensions of the City Council.
- To manage and provide modifications and improvement projects related to the highway network and elsewhere within the city and confidently deliver projects to specification, cost, quality and time.
- To take a lead role in commissioning of a 'Value for Money' service, where the customer is at the heart to enable investment planning, co-ordination and delivery of the highway assets, and that service providers are effectively managed and represent value for money.
- To promote, monitor and ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and Council policies with particular emphasis on promoting Health and Safety matters. To ensure that projects and contractors accord with legislation, regulations and codes of practice relating to the highway, safety and traffic flow and to ensure that current corporate procurement rules and audit are met.
- Commission and project manage specialist investigations, surveys and designs from specialist external consultants and developers.
- Deputise for the Manager as required on all relevant issues and assist in the effective management of the employees and resources allocated to the team and effectively communicate with, support and encourage employees within the team.
- Participate in the development and implementation of Service Delivery Plan for the Transport and Asset Management group and ensure delivery of the relevant outcomes for the Team.
- Effectively manage within the budgets allocated.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 020 8514 9176.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Information, Advice and Guidance Advisor - Barnsley
Salary: £12.95 - 12.95 per hour
Information and Monitoring Officer - Warrington
Salary: £12.47 - 12.47 per hour
Advice and Benefits Trainer - Cardiff
Salary: £13.21 - 13.21 per hour
Programme Support Officer - Worcester
Salary: £12.95 - 12.95 per hour