Digital Project Officer - Rochdale
|Job Title:||Digital Project Officer - Rochdale|
|Salary:||£17.51 - 17.51 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||16 days ago|
Digital Project Officer – Rochdale (Temp Role)
Full-Time (37 hours)
- Managing the project to move the corporate site to a new content management system.
- Managing the project to ensure all relevant sub sites are branded and aligned.
- Identifying and creating new subsites.
- Working on day-to-day content on the website.
- Ensuring the website is focused on top transactions and customer needs.
- Creating a useful and usable information architecture and navigation for the website.
- Reviewing, updating and writing relevant web standards and guidelines.
- Rewriting content for the web, and moving content to updated website templates ensuring it fits in with standards and the vision for the website.
- Creating online forms.
- Ensuring new forms created for the website are customer focused, consistent in style, meet relevant standards and legislative requirements and only request essential information.
- Improving the search engine results page to focus the results on top transactions and user needs.
- Supporting a change control process for website updates.
- Ensuring the website meets standards and good practice guidelines on both usability and accessibility, and relevant legislation.
- Working with services to improve customer experience and supporting them to reduce avoidable contact.
- Working closely with the Digital Services Lead, take responsibility on a day-to-day basis for managing and delivering the Content Management System (CMS) project to allow the council to move to a new CMS.
- Ensure the project is aligned to the goals of the Customer Transformation Programme and relevant council policies.
- Create a useful and usable information architecture and navigation for the website ensuring the website is focused on top transactions and customer needs.
- Ensure the search engine results page focuses the results on top transactions and user needs.
- Support a change control process for website updates.
- Create standards for the creation of new forms.
- Create new forms and ensure these are customer focused, consistent in style, meet relevant standards and legislative requirements and only request essential information.
- Work with services to Identify and prioritise web content, for example it reduces avoidable contact for the council, meets legislative requirements.
- Write and rewrite content for the website to an excellent standard. This includes reducing large amounts of text into a customer friendly format such as, it must be customer focused, accessible and usable, meet writing for the web guidelines and standards, and be free from spelling and grammatical errors.
- Remove bad content from the website.
- Improve the customer journey and experience, for example through usability testing, customer insight, standards and guidelines.
- Move content to the updated templates ensuring it fits in with relevant standards and the vision for the website.
- Work with 3rd party suppliers to ensure the look and feel fits in with the corporate council website.
- Use appropriate website analytical tools to understand website usage and produce reports as required for example using Google analytics.
- Manipulate images to ensure they meet website standards.
- Undertake user testing with customers, report on findings and undertake necessary changes.
- Review, update, write and implement relevant web standards.
- Ensure the website meets standards and good practice guidelines on both usability and accessibility, and relevant legislation for example, Accessibility Law, EU Cookie Directive, EU Services Directive – Licensing, W3C, Data Protection Act.
- To be aware of the skills and pressures of other team members and offer support as required.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 020 8514 9176.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Rochdale Borough Council - Senior Planning Officer
Salary: £17.51 - 17.51 per hour
Professional Officer - Shropshire
Salary: £18.63 - 18.63 per hour
Kirklees Council - Resource/Support Officer
Salary: £10 per hour
Senior Planning Officer - Wakefield
Salary: £35 per hour