Direct Payment Payroll and Advice Officer - Woolwich
|Job Title:||Direct Payment Payroll and Advice Officer - Woolwich|
|Salary:||£22.76 - 22.76 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||16 days ago|
Senior Direct Payment Payroll and Advice Officer – Woolwich (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £22.76ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
Main duties will include, payroll processing, internal and external financial reporting, statutory compliance, third party payment and reporting. You will be undertaking HMRC returns, payment recovery, resolution of queries, distributing pay slips, administering statutory deductions, PAYE, Statutory Sick Pay Pay (SSP), Statutory Maternity and Paternity Pay etc.
Acting as an agent to disabled service users on direct payments who do not wish to manage their individual budget directly but want the flexibility of either employing staff or deciding how to spend their money. You will be responsible for managing their payroll, making payments to their employees and keeping their budget in order.
- Ensure that employees of direct payment recipients are paid in accordance with the contract they have with their employee using a SAGE payroll or other appropriate payroll infrastructure.
- Support and maintain the direct payroll provision and associated administrative support for recipients of Direct Payments for the Adults and Older Peoples Directorate and the Children’s Directorate.
- Be responsible for directly managing Direct Payment Recipients (with holding accounts) bank accounts in line with the Financial Appointee and Protection of Property Managers oversight and guidance.
- Provide advice and guidance to Care Managers/Social Workers, Brokers; Service Users and Carers; and External Organisations on how the Direct Payment Payroll support function and associated responsibilities are carried out.
- Open and process all requests for New Bank Accounts for direct payment recipients that want the Council to support them manage their money (holding accounts) within the Financial Appointee and Protection of Property policies and procedures.
- Support Service users to manage their direct payment holding accounts; and provide information only account recipients and holding account recipients with regular statements in relation to the balance and activities undertaken from their accounts; for information accounts amounts they must be advised how much NI, Tax etc to pay directly.
- Initiate and develop close working partnerships with service users with holding/information only accounts to ensure they are receiving adequate information support when committing and spending their Direct Payment to achieve their outcomes.
- Pay direct payment recipient employees from holding accounts and pay from the same accounts for the various other goods and services DP recipients procure from the funds in their holding accounts.
- Ensure that direct payment recipients pay the relevant tax, NI contribution and other costs associated with being an employer.
- Advise and support information only accounts recipients and own account holders.
- Arrange to meet with clients at the Woolwich centre and/or with their responsible representatives to ensure completion of the appropriate paperwork (if/when appropriate); and to provide telephone guidance and support to outline the responsibilities in employing Personal Assistants.
- Supporting the DP recipients with own, holding and information only accounts to understand all their statutory, financial, legal and employment obligations from receiving a direct payment and or employing a Personal Assistant including information on legal responsibilities, tax & NI, Health & Safety, and insurance.
- Provide Information, assistance and training to own account PA Employers on how to set up good record keeping and financial management systems; and directly use a basic payroll system should they choose to do so.
- Provide up-to-date information through a quarterly newsletter which explains updates in employment law, tax and NI requirements, the ILF, Health and Safety and Community Care legislation.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Payroll Processing and Control Officer - Romford
Salary: £22 per hour
Direct Payments Officer - Newham
Salary: £23 per hour
Principal Human Resources Adviser - Woolwich
Salary: £21.52 - 21.52 per hour
Payroll and Pension Consultant - Twickenham
Salary: £33 per hour