Early Years Assistant
|Job Title:||Early Years Assistant|
|Salary:||£8.91 - 11.00 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||6 days ago|
JOB TITLE: Early Years Assistant
LOCATION: Medmenham, Buckinghamshire
PLACEMENT: ASAP, 40 hours per week
PAY RATE: PAYE from £8.91 per hour & Umbrella from £11 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking an Early Years Assistant to provide services to our client who has a nursery based in Medmenham, Buckinghamshire.
The nursery is for children aged between 1 – 5 years old. The Post holder will be working as part of a team to create an environment in which children’s individual needs are met and high standards of care are provided, which meet the requirements set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage/Curriculum for Excellence.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- providing learning programmes for individual or groups of children appropriate to their needs and developmental stages in accordance with Early Years legislation and guidance.
- preparing and supervising dedicated areas/rooms within the setting on specific working patterns through planning, managing ratio of children, provision of a stimulating and appropriate range of activities and ensuring health and care needs are met.
- By assuming the role of a key person to a group of children and work in partnership with parents/carers, catering for all children’s individual needs; observing, planning and evaluating development activities; keeping accurate records and maintaining regular contact and communication with parents
- developing productive working relationships with parents/carers, resulting in the appropriate sharing of information and consultation with regards to the needs and developmental progress of the children.
- ensuring the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children, encouraging positive self-image in children and their family regardless of cultural heritage, race, religious beliefs, disability or gender.
- supporting students undertaking training or work experience in an appropriate and positive manner during their practical placements or providing guidance and direction to less experienced colleagues.
- contributing to the effective financial management of the setting through maintaining reputation, utilising resources effectively and promoting the setting with parents/community
- being alert to child protection and safeguarding issues and inform appropriate line managers of concerns in line with safeguarding policies and procedures
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Level 2 early years and childcare qualification e.g. NNEB, CACHE, Or minimum NVQ level 2 or above
- Safeguarding Level 2 or ability to achieve
- Paediatric First Aid Qualification or ability to achieve
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate or ability to achieve
- Experience working in an early year’s child care setting or a setting working with children aged 0 to 5 years.
- Planning, observation and reflection of children and their learning (desired)
- Working in a team providing high quality services for children.
- Thorough current working knowledge of children’s emotional, physical, psychological and educational developmental needs from 0 to 5 years.
- Working knowledge of particular requirements of children with special needs in terms of support, development and care.
- Awareness and understanding of child protection and safeguarding issues for children aged 0 to 5 years.
- Health and Safety expectations and basic food hygiene regulations
- Confident using digital systems to record and plan, observe and communicate with others.
- Able to maintaining records to comply with organisational expectations and national regulatory inspections, Ofsted/Care Inspectorate.
- Be an effective communicator and listener across multiple age groups
- DBS check
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's