Education Health and Care Co-ordinator
|Job Title:||Education Health and Care Co-ordinator|
|Salary:||£24 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||6 days ago|
JOB TITLE: Education Health and Care Co-ordinator
LOCATION: Tower Hamlets, London
PLACEMENT: ASAP, 9:00am – 5:00pm, 37 hours a week
PAY RATE: Umbrella rate from £24.00 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking an Education Health and Care Co-ordinator for our client based in Tower Hamlets, London.
The post holder will be required:
- To administer statutory assessment procedures for children and young people with education, health and care needs under the terms of the Children and Families Act 2014 and the SEN Code of Practice 2014.
- To have a front line function and take responsibility for liaising closely with
parents, schools and other professionals in order to manage the complex process of carrying out EHC assessments of children and young people from birth to 25 years and to co-produce EHC Plans with families, keeping the child/young person at the centre of a person centred approach and having regard to the voice of the child/young person and the aspirations of the family at all times. To ensure that all practices and procedures are followed appropriately so that the SEN Section provides an efficient and effective service.
Candidates will need to HIT the ground running and have experience in using synergy – SEND MODULE within Synergy. Any candidate that does not have this will be rejected.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- To be responsible for administering, maintaining and monitoring a specific caseload of children and young people with special educational, health and care needs.
- To be responsible for all aspects of statutory assessments for Education, Health and Care Plans
- To collate all necessary documentation for the successful drafting and amending of Statements of SEN and EHC Plans within statutory timescales and in line with the SEN Code of practice, liaising closely with parents/carers and other stakeholders.
- To undertake the process of drafting Education, Health and Care Plans, including all updates, amendments and redrafts following Annual Reviews
- To arrange and chair the EHC Plan meeting on completion of statutory assessment and to ensure that the meeting is person centred and reflects the views of parents and child or young person.
- To implement statutory assessments and subsequent procedures including identifying appropriate placement for children and young people in accordance with the Children and Families Act 2014 , Code of Practice 2014 and the local authority’s policy and practice. To ensure that statutory timescales are met.
- To prioritise the statutory processes for vulnerable children with Statements of SEN or EHC Plans, particularly looked after children, children missing from education, the children of members of the armed forces or children at risk of permanent exclusion, ensuring appropriate provision is identified without delay.
- To act as named EHC Co-ordinator and be the first point of contact for parents at the start of the EHC assessment process, maintaining contact throughout and meeting the family and professionals at appropriate points of the assessment; to provide advice to ensure that the family receives appropriate help, support, advice and information, and are aware of their rights under current legislation.
- To ensure that travel assistance /transport is commissioned where agreed , for individual children & young people. To complete and maintain electronic records related to travel assistance.
- To provide a training and information service to Special Educational Needs Coordinators in schools.
- To visit schools when appropriate and offer information workshops for parents.
- To participate fully in the work of the SEN Section through working closely with others in the team to ensure coverage of the full range of functions which are the responsibility of the Section and taking lead responsibility within the Section for specific tasks or areas, to be negotiated with the Head of SEN, such as: travel assistance, clerking of panels, placements, phase transfers, etc
- To provide timely and accurate recording of data regarding children with statements or plans using appropriate ICT systems.
- To research specialist school placements and provide impartial advice to parents with regard to appropriate specialist provision..
- To administer the phase transfer procedures for children and young people with Statements or EHC Plans.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Candidates will need to HIT the ground running and have experience in using synergy – SEND MODULE within Synergy. Any candidate that does not have this will be rejected.
- Experience of doing LA casework, administering, maintaining and monitoring a specific caseload of children and young people with special educational, health and care needs. Knowledge of Administrative/office procedures and Legislation relating to SEN
- Experience of managing/delivering a range of administrative functions and systems in a multi disciplinary environment
- Ability to work within strict statutory timescales & within a confidential environment
- Ability to prioritise and manage a caseload; excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to travel to schools and other venues to chair EHC Plan meetings/attend other meetings as required
- Ability to work as part of a team; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop effective collaborative working relationships with a range of colleagues including external professionals.
- IT skills & High level of verbal and written communication skills
- Enhanced DBS check
A full job description is available upon request
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's