Education, Health Care Plan Caseworker
|Job Title:||Education, Health Care Plan Caseworker|
|Salary:||£150 per day|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||9 days ago|
JOB TITLE: Education, Health Care Plan Caseworker
LOCATION: Solihull, West Midlands
PLACEMENT: ASAP. Monday to Friday
PAY RATE: from £150 per day
4Recruitment Services are seeking an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) Caseworker for our client based in Solihull, West Midlands.
The EHCP Caseworker will
- work alongside the EHC Plan Coordinators to provide comprehensive casework management. The role will to be to proactively assist the EHC Plan Coordinators with frontline support, with the Coordinators retaining overall responsibility for each case.
- support a caseload of children and young people with special educations needs within the team
- work under the guidance and direction of EHC Plan Coordinators and in line with agreed departmental standards and procedures.
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE:
- To undertake the administrative assessment and associated EHCP procedures for children and young people undergoing a statutory assessment of their special educational needs, as directed by the Education Health and Care Plan Coordinators.
- To be first point of contact for parents' enquiries arising from an EHCP needs assessment or review, and also any relevant agencies or professionals involved in the processes, offering advice and support as appropriate.
- To undertake low-level casework as directed and commensurate within the grade of the role.
- To monitor and robustly pursue the progress of statutory assessments, in liaison with Education Health and Care Plan Coordinators, to ensure compliance with statutory deadlines.
- To support the EHCP Coordinators in preparation for attendance at SEN Panels.
- To arrange and log Annual Reviews for pupils with EHCPs and deal effectively with associated administrative arrangements. Under the instruction of EHCP Co coordinators, to be responsible for the administrative arrangements for the amendment of EHC Plans.
- To be responsible for the administrative arrangements for the placement of pupils within and out of Solihull schools and colleges, in liaison with Education Health and Care Plan Coordinators.
- To be responsible for the administrative arrangements for the transfer of pupils in Year 6.
- To be responsible for administrative arrangements for pupils with an EHCP that are new to Solihull and to track and report on the progress of securing admission to appropriate provision
- To be responsible for the administrative arrangements for transfer of file for pupils with an EHCP leaving Solihull schools
- Foster good partnerships with all agencies involved in the EHCP process, including families, schools, support agencies and advice providers.
- To respond to enquiries or challenges in a professional and efficient manner.
- To assist the line manager with the investigation and response to complaints.
- To fully embrace the use of IT to support tracking statutory deadlines utilising the Tribal system and other administrative systems
- Accurately maintain and develop databases and central spreadsheets, ensuring that information technology is embedded in business processes of the team.
- To contribute to the ongoing learning and development of all staff working in the SEND
0 – 25 Team.
- To support the monitoring and management of delegated public funds.
- To adhere to all rules and instructions on the use of council premises and equipment as directed by the SEN Manager.
- SEND experience is crucial the client expects the post holder to be able to hit the ground as this is an integral role.
- Experience in effective communication dealing with professionals, schools and parents. The post holder will be the first point of contact for all 3.
- System Use: Synergy, LL.
- Relevant level 3 qualification e.g. NVQ Level 3 in childcare or child development) or the ability to demonstrate through extended experience, the necessary knowledge to carry out the full range of duties.
- Experience of either:Working on a 1-1 basis with children, young people or their families in a social care, educational or voluntary setting; OR Working in an EHC Administrative role; OR
Working with children with SEN.
- Knowledge of the SEND & EHCP processes
- Knowledge and experience of applying the Special Educational Needs (SEN) Code of Practice and Statutory SEN processes.
- Enhanced DBS check
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's