Educational Psychologist (EPS) | North London
We require an Educational Psychologist to work within the EPs Unit based in North London.
Purpose of the role:
- To provide psychological consultation, assessment and interventions to schools and educational settings (at an individual, group and whole school level) for children and young people.
- To contribute to multi-disciplinary work in the assessment and intervention of children and families referred to the Service.
- To contribute to the development of the Service, including the development of traded services and meeting our statutory duties.
- To support service delivery of priority work, such as traded, other commissioned and statutory work, as directed by the senior management team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To visit designated schools/educational settings that require cover to offer a psychological consultation, assessment and intervention service; this may include a special school or additionally resourced provision.
- To respond to referrals from schools and professional agencies.
- The candidate may be involved in the assessment and review the development of referred pre-school children as part of an early intervention and early years EP team working through children’s centres.
- To advise Enfield Council of the special educational needs and/or disabilities of children referred under the Children & Families Act (2014).
- To liaise with other professionals with regard to referred children and their parents, parental permission having been given.
- To support the service with the delivery of statutory duties, Local Authority priority work and traded services to schools.
- To keep in touch with new developments within the profession.
- To take part in EPS quality assurance through supervision.
- To undertake any additional duties appropriate to the post at the request of the Principal Educational Psychologists.
To apply for this the Associate/Agency Educational Psychologist must have: -
- Honours degree in Psychology
- Professional Educational Psychology qualification obtained from a recognised training course
- Current HCPC registration as a practitioner Educational Psychologist
Salary is £400 - £425 per day
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Healthcare professionals.
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4RS is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Billy F on 0208 514 9139.