Educational Psychologist – South London
We require an experienced Educational Psychologist to work within a busy authority within South London
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Have direct responsibility for visiting, on a regular basis, a group of schools to advise on the psychological needs of individual children and their families in order to help overcome developmental, emotional and learning difficulties. Present clear written information when necessary.
- To offer a consultative service to the schools about systemic issues relating to groups of children
- Work with young people post 16 and their families.
- Advise the Local Education Authority on the special educational needs of children and young people according to the requirements of the 1996 Education Act and the Code of Practice.
- Contribute to Educational Psychology Team development and training.
- Attend EP Development days, in house CPD and team meetings.
- Contribute to research initiatives with a view to advising the LA on a range of issues.
- Keep up to date with current and impending legislation and take account of its likely effect on professional practice.
- Work when appropriate at weekends and evenings.
- When necessary and with supervision from the Principal Educational Psychologist prepare written documentation at the request of the court.
- Report to the Principal Educational Psychologist on a regular basis in relation to professional issues and to monitor own further training needs.
- All employees are required to participate in the Employee Performance Evaluation Scheme and to undertake appropriate training and development identified to enhance their work performance.
Salary is £500 per day
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall on 0208 514 9176