Employment & Training Mentor
|Job Title:||Employment & Training Mentor|
|Salary:||£11.37 - 11.37 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
JOB TITLE: Employment & Training Mentor
PLACEMENT: ASAP, Full time
PAY RATE: From £11.37 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking an Employment & Training Mentor. The purpose of the role is to
Support Oldham residents back into work and/or career progression. The role will require you to support them back into work across various services, including Restart, Skills Support for Employment, National Careers Service and JETS. Flexible working is available and the role will involve a mixture of home and on site working.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Manage a case load of clients and actively support their transition into meaningful employment, training and work experience through the Get Oldham Working campaign.
- Develop effective working relationships with clients to best support their transition to employment, ensuring opportunities sourced are appropriate and beneficial.
- Design and deliver both group and one-to-one activities as part of client interventions including initial assessments and inductions with the Council and its client organisations.
- Support the identification of individual learning needs of clients and plan training and other interventions as appropriate.
- Maintain a record of a client’s training, development activity and other key discussions / interventions in the course of their engagement with the Get Oldham Working campaign.
- Provide support for the client in achieving sustainable personal progression.
- Identify opportunity for and facilitate presentations and information day activities in the promotion of the scheme either to clients or external organisations.
- Promote the creation of opportunities within the Council through direct engagement with service managers, articulating the benefits of the scheme and providing support to the recruitment process as required.
- · Promote and ensure compliance with HR policy, Council practice and the Get Oldham Working scheme requirements, in all activity associated with the programme.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Literacy and numeracy sufficient to undertake the tasks and duties of the role
- Level 4 qualification in IAG (Information, Advice and Guidance) or working towards would be desirable
- Experience of working with individual clients and organisations to establish effective relationships
- Experience of working within an employment focussed service, supporting a client’s transition into meaningful employment or training
- Experience of conducting recruitment interviews, briefings and training sessions
- Experience of giving advice and guidance tailored to the situation and appropriate to the relevant audience
- Experience of establishing and maintaining professional working relationships to facilitate the achievement of team objectives
- Experience of working with partners within the public, private, education and third sectors.
- Knowledge of the economy and skills landscape and implementing management processes and systems
- An understanding of the types of activities undertaken within local government to provide a range of different services for its customers and an understanding of the pressures and challenges on local authorities in deliver them.
- DBS check
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available