Enablement Support Worker
|Job Title:||Enablement Support Worker|
|Salary:||£12.33 - 12.33 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||14 days ago|
JOB TITLE: Enablement Support Worker
LOCATION: Lewisham, London
PLACEMENT: ASAP, ongoing. 35 hours a week
PAY RATE: from £12.33 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking Enablement Support Workers to work within the Lewisham Borough to provide care and support for patients leaving Hospital to return to their personal level of independence.
The post holder will:
- Be responsible for assisting and enabling service users with personal, practical and social support activities of daily living that may include light domestic assistance.
- Promote independence and choice for service users by assisting individuals to work towards their outcome focused enablement goals. This will involve support and encouragement in the participation of exercise plans and emotional support and guidance in the home as set out within their enablement plan.
- Support and encourage service users to regain, maintain or develop daily living skills and the confidence to carry them out independently. This means a ‘doing with’ (working alongside service users) rather than a ‘doing for’ ethos.
- To work and liaise with a range of therapists, social workers, and carers to promote and enhance the independence of the people who use our services
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide assistance and encouragement in managing an individual exercise/rehab programme
- Through observation and assistance, provide tailored enablement advice and guidance about daily living tasks to enable service users, with support from their carers, to regain their independence
- Provide basic advice and information to service users on the range of services available to them or affecting them e.g. leisure, benefits etc.
- Provide assistance with, or directly provide if necessary, a wide range of personal care services including help with personal hygiene, showering or bathing, hair, nail and teeth care, dressing and undressing ensuring that universal infection control precautions are adhered to.
- Assist service users to maintain an appropriate diet and fluid intake through advising and directly preparing meals and drinks if appropriate.
- Provide support with medical tasks and the management of prescribed medication as part of the enablement programme and in line with the Boroughs policy on Medication Administration and local operational procedures.
- Assist the service user in carrying out light general housework, vacuuming, dusting, changing bed linen, keeping kitchen bathroom and living areas clean and tidy.
- Accompany service users shopping as part of their rehabilitation programme, assist with household management tasks, such as paying bills, collecting pensions and prescriptions.
- Work with families and carers to provide support and information, and where appropriate show the carers the safe skills of care and rehabilitation.
- Monitor an individual’s progress and provide regular feedback to the Senior Enablement Officer/Enablement Manager or Key therapist on individual progress against goals. Participate in reviews where appropriate.
- Carry out moving and handling tasks in line with the Boroughs Policy on Moving and Handling.
- Maintain legible, up to date and accurate health and safety, risk and security records and reports in service users’ home. Remove notes from the service users home when episode of care has been completed and return to the office as required.
- Bring to the notice of the Senior Enablement Officer/Enablement Manager/Key Therapist any deterioration in the condition of the individual’s living accommodation that could affect their safety, or the safety of members of staff, and report and complete accident reports where necessary.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Significant experience of carrying out a range of caring tasks such as toileting, bathing, dressing
- Able to demonstrate a basic understanding of the rehabilitation approach to working with people.
- Undertake a range of care duties, record accurate observations.
- Give feedback in multi-disciplinary meetings concerning patient status.
- Able to assess a users status and instigate emergency procedures, refer appropriately to supervisor
- Implement individualised care plan.
- Motivate, encourage and support a person through their enablement plan
- A good standard of literacy and numeracy & ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English
- Enhanced DBS Check
- Must be a car driver with valid driving license
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Assistant Enablement Manager
Salary: £14.00 - 17.50 per hour
Community Support Worker
Salary: £8.20 - 10.20 per hour
Supervised Contact & Intervention Worker
Salary: £12.33 - 12.33 per hour
Residential Care Worker (Adults with learning disabilities)
Salary: £14 per hour