Energy Administrator - Woolwich
|Job Title:||Energy Administrator - Woolwich|
|Salary:||£15 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||29 days ago|
Energy Administrator – Woolwich (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £15.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To support the efficient procurement of energy for the Council and its existing and potential clients. To maintain appropriate systems and follow procedures to effectively, manage, minimise consumption and control water and energy use and provide key data to support budget planning and key returns. Liaise with suppliers and the Council’s Central Purchasing body to follow up and resolve energy management queries. To support and monitor procurement process for the directorate by maintaining relevant systems and by providing information to officers and staff involved. Deal with queries pertaining to orders, invoices and payments for the directorate.
- Manually input all paper invoices for gas, electricity and water into the Council’s energy management software.
- Process and record orders, invoices and payments incurred in relation to the work of the Directorate. To identify financial discrepancies and undertake any investigations necessary to resolve any issues arising by interrogating financial systems.
- Run reports relevant to the procurement process for the purpose of authorisation and monitoring.
- Import the Council’s ebills for gas, electricity and water into the Councils Energy Management System and review and advise where the bills pass or fail the verification and validation tests.
- Review the energy master supplies list and cross check against the paper and ebills to ensure continuous billing, correct VAT status, correct contract groupings and follow up where changes are required.
- Resolve billing errors/consumption variations by reviewing outputs from Energy Management System.
- Maintain an accurate energy management database in a timely manner, including verification of energy data and analysing and running reports to inform reports.
- Interrogate and present data, both primary and secondary, using a variety of software packages, including, Excel, to support energy consumption.
- Maintain an accurate corporate contract supplies list for all gas, electricity and water and track changes in accordance with audit and financial requirements and including data validation, quality and processes.
- Liaise with suppliers and the corporate purchasing body in the management of new supplies joining the corporate contract and track and monitor changes ensuring successful completion.
- Produce energy management consumption reports and work with sites to monitor consumption with a view to energy reduction.
- Prepare innovative carbon reduction programmes of activity with appropriate targets, lead and coordinate the delivery and successful achievement of such programmes to reduce energy consumption. Monitor success against the targets and prepare reports for senior management.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to staff teams identifying relevant areas where they can adopt more sustainable practices to how they can minimise waste, protect resources, protect the environment and save money.
- Provide support to maintain and improve the procedure for sites to inform the energy procurement function of planned and imminent changes to sites and their associated supplies. Respond to information requests and enquiries internally and from external agencies and individuals and present this in an accessible and timely manner, including liaison with Directorates and sites as required.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available