Engineer - Islington
|Job Title:||Engineer - Islington|
|Salary:||£32 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Engineer – Islington (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £32.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To provide specialist professional engineering services and to support junior professional, technical and support officers in the Traffic & Engineering Service.
- As a member of the Team to be jointly responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the Team and to carry out such technical functions as may be required; to ensure Service Management Team decisions are carried out as appropriate.
- To provide, maintain, develop, design, implement and pro-actively improve the services provided by the Service accord with Council policy and in particular;
a) are efficiently and effectively discharges with the active participation of the local community, the voluntary sector, business and specialist groups as appropriate using appropriate consultative techniques.
b) are accessible to all members of the community and geared resources to their needs.
c) are of a high quality commensurate with available resources and represent value for money in meeting the Customer and Client expectations and requirements.
- To aid in acting as a Council’s spokesperson on Engineering and Traffic matters when requested.
- To assist in progressing the effective project management of assigned projects through all stages from conception through to implementation and monitoring. With support undertake the role of Project Manager for smaller/medium projects including consultation, programming, planning and co-ordination.
- To co-ordinate, prioritise work, establish work programmes and schedules for the assigned functional areas of work and ensuring their achievement and providing or securing technical guidance and training as necessary in this connection.
- To develop, design, consult, progress and implement measures to assist, enhance, maintain and promote the use of the highway network and infrastructure and be responsible for ensuring information and administrative support is provided for statutory functions under the Highway Act 1980 and associated legislation and functions.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all actions of the post holder confirm to the Council’s quality standards and policies, Acts of Parliament, Statutory Instruments, Standing Orders, Service and Departmental Office Manuals, Financial Regulations, Contract Management and Administration systems and procedures, etc.
- To assist in the production, development and review of contracts, technical codes of practice and the tendering process from pre-feasibility to post implementation reviews for the assigned functional areas of responsibility.
- To assist in the administration of consultants, the preparation of consultant’s briefs, the evaluation of tenders and reviewing consultant’s performance in relation to the assigned functional areas of responsibilities.
- To assist in preparing advice to senior management and Council on the effects of relevant new or draft legislation, Codes of Practice or other initiatives, publications or developments, ensuring that appropriate Members and other interested parties are properly briefed and advised.
- With the assistance of and appropriate learning program to keep abreast of all relevant legislation and technical developments relating to the contractual, technical and operational aspects of Engineering and Traffic Service.
- To liase with other Teams or Services to ensure that all of the Division’s interests are fully considered.
- To ensure that construction works are carried out satisfactorily having regard to budgets, Standing Orders, Contract Management and Administration systems and procedures etc.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available