|Job Title:||English Teacher|
|Salary:||£25.51 - 35.00 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Emma Fisher|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit an English Teacher to support our client based in Mordon.
The focus of this role is to teach a combination of GCSE English Language and English Functional Skills. The exact combination of subjects would depend on the skills and experience of the successful candidate. The teaching will be predominantly to students aged 16-19 years of age. Lecturers must follow our agreed schemes of work and assessment schedules. The expectation is that lecturers provide additional English support as required, participate in developing the English provision and undertake any other duties that may be reasonably required by the Head of School/Curriculum Manager.
Teaching duties in GCSE English Language and English Functional Skills. It will include preparing students for June exams, marking homework and mock exams, providing constructive feedback, setting targets for students, monitoring attendance and student progress and where appropriate curriculum development. The expectation is that high levels of student attainment will be achieved.
The required hours are as below:
Monday: 12.30-13.30 and 14.30-15.30 2hrs
Tuesday: 9.00-10.00, 10.05-11.05, 11.25-12.25, 12.30-13.30, 14.30-15.30 and 15.35-16.35 6hrs ( All day )
Wednesday: 10.05-11.05, 11.25-12.25, 12.30-13.30 and 14.20-15.20 and 15.25-16.25 5hrs
Thursday: 11.25-12.25, 12.30-13.30 and 14.30-15.30 – 3hrs
Friday: 9.00-10.00, 10.05-11.05, 11.25-12.25, 12.30-13.30 – 4hrs
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Teach on one or more of the courses provided or serviced by the Team and contribute to the development of existing and new provision and the implementation of flexible and cost effective teaching and learning styles.
- Complete the administrative work connected with their teaching efficiently and effectively, including completion of registers, records of work and various forms of student progress sheets.
- Ensure that equipment and materials are treated with respect by classes for which they are responsible and that laboratories, computing rooms and other teaching areas are left clean and tidy.
- To work safely, consider the safety of others and work within the guidelines stated in the Group Health and Safety Policy
- Experience of working with young people in a school or College setting
- Enhanced DBS
- An understanding of issues that may affect a students ability to attend College and comply with appropriate standards of behaviour as set out in Group Policy.
- Knowledge and experience of Behaviour Management Techniques and behaviour interventions.
- Knowledge and experience of safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures.
- Ability to establish positive and effective relationships with young people whilst maintaining appropriate personal boundaries
- Level 2 Qualification or equivalent to demonstrate good literacy and numeracy.
- Experience of IT and online administration systems
- Experience of Working with Student Records or similar data management systems.
- Strong communication skills, including advisory and persuasive skills, able to converse easily using English Language as the medium.
- Strong Listening Skills
- Ability to produce accurate and timely written reports and statements
- Ability to promote and ensure own good practice including maintaining confidentiality
- Ability to work successfully as an individual or as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety Regulations and procedures relevant to an educational setting.
- Ability to maintain emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours and attitudes
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 07442 626 815 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Programme Leader for English and Maths
Hammersmith & Fulham
Salary: £27.49 - 27.49 per hour
Evening Science Lecturer
Kingston upon Thames
Salary: £25.51 - 35.00 per hour
Media, Film and Games Lecturer
Salary: £25.51 - 35.00 per hour
Salary: £13 per hour
Salary: £15 per hour