Entitlement Assistant - Shropshire
|Job Title:||Entitlement Assistant - Shropshire|
|Contact Name:||Megan Eastop-Stanley|
|Job Published:||14 days ago|
Entitlement Assistant – Shropshire
Salary: £11.59 Per Hour (Umbrella)
Full Time: Monday to Friday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
To assist the Transport Entitlement Team to determine eligibility for Shropshire entitled pupils. As well as provide administrative support for the team, including replying to third parties and parents/carers via post, email and telephone. Collate applications and enter applicant details on our clients Flexiroute system.
- To be first point of contact for all aspects of entitlement work for the county.
- Assist in the monitoring of the Transport Entitlement teams shared email inbox including responding to parents and answering enquiries.
- Where required, add each application to our clients Flexiroute system for officers to assess each individual application.
- Assist officers where appropriate in determining transport entitlement based on knowledge of two- and three-mile distances between homes and schools/collages.
- Assist officers in allocating pupils/students to transport based on using knowledge of transport catchment areas and Shropshire’s transport network.
- To understand and act on all relevant legislative requirements.
- Maintain the Flexiroute system to ensure pupil data is as up to date and an accurate record of all school transport provision.
- Deal sensitively with queries from schools and parents re transport entitlement.
- Maintain regular liaison and contact with schools at which transport is provided.
- Issue temporary travel authorisations as and when required.
- Maintain an effective liaison with customer services centre in relation to service level agreements
- Assist with the process of issuing travel passes.
- Liaise with colleagues involved in area reviews and the procurement of transport services and make suggestions for improving the efficiency and cost effectiveness of routes.
- Process parental applications for officers to assess free transport or assistance to primary/secondary schools and post/16 colleges and determine entitlement in accordance with our client’s policy.
- Support the processes involved in improving networks and routes.
- Have an overall knowledge of the geography and location of villages, towns and population centres, schools and post/16 establishments, road networks and transport networks in Shropshire.
- Establishing and maintaining the highest standards of customer care and promoting and delivering a customer focussed approach to service delivery.
- Procure all necessary season tickets from commercial and subsidised LBS operators, ensuring appropriate value for money and evaluating any appropriate alternatives that provide more cost-effective transport solutions.
- Assist with unsafe Walking Routes application process.
- Assist in the monitoring of income generated from Temporary Seats Payment Scheme, the Post/16 Contribution Scheme and Out of County income.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Megan Eastop- Stanley on 07587 327813 or via email Megane@4recruitmentservices.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's