Environmental Health Practitioner - Haringey
|Job Title:||Environmental Health Practitioner - Haringey|
|Salary:||£23 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Environmental Health Practitioner – Haringey (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £23.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- To achieve compliance with statutory requirements through enforcement, inspection, investigation, auditing and monitoring in respect of food safety/standards, health and safety, infectious disease, licensing e.g. massage and special treatment, public health and smokefree.
- To change community and individual behaviour through communication, persuasion, advice and guidance or enforcement.
- To achieve Council and service unit objectives, improve place, community wellbeing and economic prosperity.
- To demonstrate the minimum the competencies that supports food control in accordance with the Food Law Codes of Practice (Competency 9) namely
- Provide service users and stakeholders with comprehensive advice, guidance, and information on all aspects of the team’s service delivery as well as any relevant wider cross cutting council services.
- To respond to complaints about food safety, health and safety, infectious disease, licensing, public health and smokefree using a risk-based approach.
- Utilise the appropriate investigative and evaluation techniques to assess hazards and risks and determine the nature, cause remedy and urgency of the problem and rectification
- Deliver through inspections; monitoring; surveillance; verification; audit; and sampling the team service plans in relation to low risk businesses.
- Prepare Enforcement Notices in order to obtain compliance.
- Participate in publicity campaigns, customer service improvement plans and joint initiatives across Council services and with other agencies as directed.
- Ensure that you fully understand and remain proficient in the use of all the Service IT and Data recording systems.
- In line with the Council’s Governance policy ensure all records, information and evidence is gathered, stored, and recorded correctly.
- Ensure that all data is recorded effectively and accurately on the Council’s recording systems in order to contribute to performance delivery.
- Contribute to the Directorate and Business Unit’s statutory service and business plans.
- Take responsibility for the development and enhancement of your own knowledge and skill set through CPD and training
- To assist the Council in liaising with residents, businesses, members, external partners in all matters related to Environmental Health including FOI and Enquires.
- Undertake without the need for supervision a range of routine enforcement duties including being competent authorised officer in accordance with the Food Law Codes of Practice (Competencies 4 – 8) and section 19 of the Health and Safety at work Act 1974, to undertake assessment of compliance with food law and health and safety and enforcement action as appropriate for all risk categories.
- Under the supervision of a more senior officer in line with the Councils enforcement policy prepare prosecution files, attend court proceeding and deliver evidence in the event of statutory action for non-compliance
- To use your professional judgement and discretion to carry out a range of interventions based on risk in line with all relevant statutory instruments, codes of practice, corporate policies, and guidance. Interventions could include inspections surveys, visits, investigations, sampling, monitoring standards, investigating complaints and service requests, gathering evidence, carry out interviews, take statements and determine the most appropriate action
- Undertake responsibility for the early detection and identification of case and or personal performance related issues and ensure this is relayed to more senior officers and or team leaders
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Home Improvement Officer - Greenwich
Salary: £22 per hour
Payroll Specialist - Chichester
Salary: £27 per hour
Cemetery Assistant - Basildon
Salary: £13 per hour
Legal Assistant - Newham
Salary: £15 per hour
Complaints Officer - Greenwich
Salary: £12.37 - 12.37 per hour