Estates Surveyor - East London
|Job Title:||Estates Surveyor - East London|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||23 days ago|
Estates Surveyor – East London
*Local Council* *Predominately Retail portfolio*
- To lead on the negotiation of rent reviews and lease renewals on behalf of the Council, both in its capacity as a Landlord and Tenant
- Process applications for assignments, alterations, change of use, licences, easements and other related matters.
- Ensure the use of sites and buildings is compliant with landlord and tenant obligations. Provide recommendations for corrective action is to the Senior Estates Surveyor where necessary.
- Ensure best value is achieved in property transactions in line with Council and Government policy
- To take responsibility for reviewing the Council’s rent roll, arrears and make recommendations to the Senior Estates Surveyor for corrective action or intervention where appropriate.
- To take responsibility for maintaining property records are ensure these are kept up to date and amended on completion of transactions.
- Provide advice on property matters including property ownership and leasehold obligations to tenants, customers, colleagues and clients.
- Advising on existing property assets, acquisitions, disposals, settling rent reviews and lease renewals and agreeing new lettings
Skills and experience:
- Extensive Estate management knowledge
- Extensive experience in dealing with receivership / insolvency matters.
- Knowledge of best practice in asset and estate management in the public sector.
- An understanding of the major challenges and opportunities facing local government in relation to asset and estate management.
- Knowledge of legislative and regulatory framework within which local government operates with particular regard to property issues.
- Must be a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Experience of working in an asset management or estate management team.
- Experience of writing reports which are clear and accessible to a variety of audiences.
- Experience of building and maintaining positive working relationships both within the organisation and with external bodies.
- Experience of managing external providers of professional services, on a partnership basis.
- Experience of financial management, budget monitoring and control
- Must have good working knowledge of IT systems, including MS Office, MS Project and dedicated Asset Management programs.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
For more information, please contact Hazel Sheldon on HazelS@4recruitmentservices.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's