Estates Surveyor - Housing Directorate - Taunton
|Job Title:||Estates Surveyor - Housing Directorate - Taunton|
|Salary:||£18.63 - 18.63 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||9 days ago|
Estates Surveyor – Housing Directorate – Taunton
Salary: £ 18.63ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- Provide specialist, professional expertise
- Provide advice and technical guidance
- Provide judgement and decision
- Contribute expertise to complex cases
- Keep up to date with legislation
- Liaison with external agencies and partners, including courts, tribunals and other formal bodies
- Support, guide, advise other teams in area of expertise
- Reports to committees
- Contribute to enabling and prevention of demand
- Specify and manage projects, contracts and supplier relationships
- Accountable for ensuring adherence to Council policy / strategy
- Ensure and develop case management knowledge
- Develop and manage policy and strategy, applying discretion
- Work closely with lead specialist & people managers
- Technical mentoring and support to other specialists
- Manage complex cases or issues (medium impact politically, financially, risk etc)
- Provide technical leadership on strategic projects and programmes
Role Specific Responsibilities:
- The negotiation of leases, licences, agreements, easements and other rights over land and buildings.
- The maintenance of the Land Register required under the Local Government Planning and Land Act 1980
- and ensuring that any property included is put to effective use.
- To assist the Housing Asset Manager in the development and implementation of the Council’s property
- and land disposals programme, following the necessary procedures and regulations.
- To identify and create a register of land parcels and properties surplus to the Council’s requirements
- based on performance and socio economic factors
- To carry out options appraisals on land parcels and non-performing properties, making informed
- recommendations for disposal or alternative use.
- The provision of expert advice and attendance, as required at Client meetings.
- The carrying out of ‘Right to Buy’ valuations for the disposal of properties.
- The carrying out of ‘Buy-Back’ valuations for the acquisition of properties.
- Advise on property valuation issues.
- Advising internal stakeholders on property matters as required and liaising outside bodies, authorities and
- agencies as necessary in order to carry out the duties of the post.
- To assist the Housing Asset Manager in developing a more proactive asset management service with an
- emphasis on value for money and efficiencies.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Principles of good customer service.
- Values and promotes equality and diversity.
- Understand the principles of data protection.
- A demonstrable track record and consistent achievement at professional level within an organisation of
- comparable scope and complexity.
- Able to demonstrate understanding, experience and knowledge of policy and activities within your area of
- Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety legislation and requirements.
- Sound legal knowledge of the Landlord and Tenant Act
- Knowledge of all property valuation techniques
- Proven professional experience in Valuations and Estates Management
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 02085149176