Executive Director – Place, Partnerships and Community
- Provide leadership and strategic direction, inspire team working and high standards of service delivery, ensuring that mechanisms are put in place to deliver and sustain, outstanding services and value for money.
- Strategically shaping place and economic growth and increase the Council’s participation, visibility and reputation through the development of corporate relationships and partnership working across the county, the region and nationally.
- Responsible for identifying and pursuing all opportunities to develop commercial potential to grow new and existing revenue streams using Council assets & expertise, reducing delivery costs and positively reengineering ways of delivering Council and place objectives in a cost-efficient manner.
- Strategically lead the management of high value contracts determining right sourcing across the range of services and ensuring that the pace of change and transformation quickens in Northamptonshire.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Educated to post graduate degree level or equivalent by experience in an appropriate field with evidence of continuing professional development in leadership and business management.
- Able to communicate a compelling vision to key stakeholders internally and externally to achieve operational outcomes.
- At Director level able to demonstrate a strong track record of identifying, developing and delivering opportunities for commercial development with strong negotiation skills.
- Significant previous experience of managing large and complex contracts to achieve value for money with strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Significant experience in commercial leadership with an in depth understanding of how commercial acumen can be blended with public sector ethos.
- A clear understanding of the professional and practice issues related to the delivery of the broad range of services within the remit of this role including, economic development, environmental services, transport and highways, property and facilities management. Experience in leading one or more of these areas is desirable.
- Broad knowledge of public sector services, the macro social and economic context within which local authorities work and the implications.
- The post holder must be able to absorb a wide range of potentially complex information and develop solutions on both strategic and operational issues.
- Broad understanding and demonstrable experience of service delivery and appropriate models, concepts and principles gained through extensive business exposure in a diverse range of organisations or services.
- Evidence of proactively developing the marketplace where needed, identifying income generating opportunities and pursuing opportunities for further savings by effective contract and supplier management.
- Experience of having worked at a senior level in a multi-stakeholder environment with broad experience of developing people and high performing teams.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organisation; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualisations.
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organisation with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
- Strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities.
- Relentless and passionate about customer service and effective partnership working.
- Able to bring confidence in the organisation’s capabilities and performance with partners and statutory bodies, central government departments and wider stakeholders.
The salary for this position is £600 - £800 day rate
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for staff and Healthcare Professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area, please contact Max Catherall on 0208 514 9176