Family Practitioner - Children and Young People's Services
|Job Title:||Family Practitioner - Children and Young People's Services|
|Salary:||£35 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
We are currently looking for a Family Practitioner - Children and Young People’s Services to work with one of our clients based in Hackney. You will be working for the council.
Monday - Friday
Shift Times may vary
Pay rates paying up to £35ph
The Family Support Service delivers statutory and non-statutory assessments and family support interventions to children and families of all ages across the borough. The Family Units are led by Consultant Social Workers or a Family Support Team Leader who support and direct the delivery of outcome focused family support aimed at supporting children to safely remain living within their own families and engage positively with universal services provided within the community.
The post holder will provide practical and evidenced based support to children and their families to promote improved parenting capacity and understanding of the developing needs of children as part of the overall work of the Family Unit. Interventions are delivered in the family home or other settings and support the parenting role and child behaviour through the application of evidenced-based methodologies that promotes positive family interaction, positive behavioural/environmental change and a good standard of care.
- To support the assessment of children and families through observation, direct work and by undertaking interviews and gathering information from a range of sources as directed by the line manager to contribute to holistic assessment of children’s needs.
- To establish rapport, build respectful relationships with children, families and their support networks whilst undertaking assessment and family support interventions ensuring that their views and wishes are heard and recorded accurately.
- To engage and communicate effectively with other agencies and include their professional views in assessments and plans for children and their families, working collaboratively and maintaining regular liaison in the best interests of children.
- To work with families in their homes or other settings on an agreed basis so as to monitor, assess risk and assist in the implementation of an agreed plan of support using evidenced-based methodologies and by offering practical help to enable families to help themselves, and supporting adults to develop their role as parents/carers.
- To work independently, and when appropriate as the lead professional with families, taking decisions about the tasks that need doing, taking responsibility for these decisions and their impact on the family.
- To bring to the attention of your line manager any concerns relating to the quality of parenting or the safety and well-being of children within their home or other community environments.
- To use a task-centred approach to enable parents to manage practical parenting tasks and provide regular feedback on progress towards the agreed plan including any changes.
- To prepare clear and concise informative written reports based on complex evidence in relation to your work with families as required and to agreed standards and timescales.
- To attend and participate in multi-agency meetings including Child Protection Conferences and Looked After Children Reviews, promoting at all times the best outcomes for children
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and HealthCare Professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Ben Smith on firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available