Family Support Worker
|Job Title:||Family Support Worker|
|Salary:||£11 - 14 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||14 days ago|
JOB TITLE: Family Support Practitioner
LOCATION: West Moors, England
PLACEMENT: ASAP, ongoing. 37 hours a week
PAY RATE: PAYE from £11 per hour & Umbrella from £14 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Family Support Practitioner within West Moors.
Co-ordinate and direct the support to children, young people and families by agreeing and providing interventions, which may be specialised, enabling positive and agreed outcomes to be achieved, in accordance with organisational policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Undertake 1:1, group, and outreach work
- Deliver direct work with children, young people, parents and families in the family home and other community locations
- Convene and attend team around the family meetings and reviews
- Use relevant case management systems
- Provide information, advice and guidance to children, young people and families
- Co-work cases with other professionals including social workers
- Assess parenting skills and help people to build physical and emotional caring abilities through a range of practical activities
- Deliver parenting and behaviour management support to children and families
- Support families during statutory child protection processes
- Keep up to date with knowledge of local service provision
- Coach, mentor and motivate families to make and sustain changes
- Stay with families during crisis situations
- About you
- You will have experience working with and supporting children and/or families.
- You will be dedicated to improving outcomes for Dorset's children and young people.
- You will be self motivated, dedicated to children and families and used to working in a fast paced environment.
- You will demonstrate and role model Responsibility, Respect, Recognition and Collaboration skills
- · Current DBS
- · Working within a multi-agency social care, early years or health environment and applying safeguarding procedures
- · Experience of managing cases, in accordance with agreed procedures and completing assessments, planning and reviews to ensure positive outcomes
- · Ability to keep the child and or young people as the focus and ensure their feelings and wishes are represented in meetings and record keeping
- · Ability to communicate effectively and engagingly and to maintain independent professional relationships, boundaries
- · Working knowledge of an outcome based approach to planning, delivering and reviewing services.
- · Demonstrable prioritizing and organizing skills
- · Producing concise and accurate reports to agreed standards, formats and timelines, which may be used ultimately for formal reviews.
- · Utilizing management systems and databases to record and retain case and other related data, in addition to extract data to inform presentation of reports.
- · Ability to lead, direct and supervise and where necessary to manage and deliver operational services.
- · Demonstrable application of working with a diverse community and promoting the principles of equality
- · Knowledge and practicable application of social care and other related legislation that impacts on the job purpose.
- NVQ level 3 in health / social care or relevant qualification/experience
A full job description is available upon request.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's