Family Support Worker
|Job Title:||Family Support Worker|
|Salary:||£14.00 - 17.50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
JOB TITLE: Family Support Worker
PLACEMENT: ASAP, ongoing. 37 hours a week
PAY RATE: PAYE from £14 per hour & Umbrella from £17.50 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking Family Support Workers to meet the diverse needs of families and children aged 0 - 25 years, through collaborative and integrated working across a network of family centres based in Barnsley.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To engage and support targeted families with children aged 0-25 years across the network of Family Centres within designated locality areas through targeted outreach/home visiting and Family support interventions as identified though the Early Help Assessment.
- When appropriate to take the role of lead practitioner in the Early Help Assessment delivering interventions and supporting interventions at Tier 3 and 4 when directed as part of a CIN/CPP plan with relevant professionals.
- To support families through planned interventions that have clear initial assessment and targets and objectives which are reviewed at regular intervals with the family, utilising relevant and current holistic assessment tools.
- To lead in identifying the hard to reach and vulnerable families within the local area, in response to locality data, and promote Family Centre Services to them, referring families to specialist services as required.
- To provide advice, support and guidance to promote learning and positive parenting skills utilising appropriate frameworks and evidence based approaches.
- To ensure that all files/records are maintained in line with relevant guidelines, including recording of information on relevant electronic database systems, and participate in all appropriate meetings.
- To undertake appropriate referrals to specialist and statutory services where needs are identified within the remit of Tier 3 and Tier 4 of the Early Help Assessment in line with relevant Information Sharing Protocols.
- To report and record any safeguarding concerns immediately in line with relevant policies and procedures acting as duty manager and designated safeguarding lead when required by the service.
- To support in the planning of services that meet the needs of the locality, contributing to the Self Evaluation process (SEF)
- To consult regularly with the local community and target groups to gain an in depth understanding of their requirements and encourage them to shape services within their locality to meet their needs
- To participate collaboratively in regular clinical supervision and ensure all recommended actions are completed within given timescales
- NVQ 4 or equivalent qualification in a related discipline & Commitment to achieving a relevant level 5 qualification
- Relevant substantial post qualifying experience of working with children and families in the community within a family support context.
- Substantial experience of multi-agency working to develop integrated services for children and families
- Experience of analysing local needs through consultation and planning and developing services to address those needs
- Extensive knowledge of child and family development
- Knowledge of: Services provided in Barnsley for children and families; early help assessments & processes; relevant frameworks; current legislation relating to children & families aged 0 -25 years; safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & vulnerable adults
- DBS Check
A full job description is available upon request.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available