Family Support Worker
|Job Title:||Family Support Worker|
|Salary:||£11 - 14 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||5 days ago|
JOB TITLE: Family Support Worker
LOCATION: West Sussex
PLACEMENT: ASAP , 37 hours per week
PAY RATE: PAYE from £11 per hour & Umbrella from £14 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking Family Support Workers to provide servicesfor our client based, West Sussex. The client has various hubs located within the county.
The post holder will need to:
- Be a team player with a passion for engaging with families, providing appropriate interventions and services for children/young people and their families to prevent accommodation into care and to assist the rehabilitation of children/young people back into their family home.
- Manage a caseload under regular supervision, assess needs, risks and options, considering legal and other requirements.
- Work effectively in partnership with other staff, schools and voluntary agencies.
- Be adaptable and flexible you will enjoy the challenge this role will give you to meet service needs where you will be able to work well in changing situations and embrace new ways of working positively and effectively.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Manage a caseload under regular supervision. Assess needs, risks and options taking into account legal and other requirements. Work effectively in partnership with other staff and voluntary agencies.
- Undertake home visits or consultation sessions and develop effective working relationships and communicate effectively with those people who access or need the service, families, carers, colleagues and other professionals in order to deliver the appropriate interventions undertaken within Early Help or Social Care.
- Contribute to the ‘Team around the Child’ and other planning processes as a
representative of Early Help.
- Work intensively with children/young people and their families where there is a possibility of family breakdown and crisis.
- Provide appropriate interventions and services for children/young people and their families to prevent children taking on inappropriate or excessive caring roles.
- Develop effective working relationships and communication with those people who access or need the service in order to deliver appropriate interventions.
- Maintain accurate records of all work undertaken and produce case reports and correspondence for a variety of audiences including meetings, conferences, court, panels and other agencies.
- Report any allegation or suspicions of abuse or potential abuse of a vulnerable person to an immediate manager or supervisor. Contribute to Safeguarding Investigations and child/adult protection planning where appropriate.
- Responsible for regularly handling, processing and storing confidential information relating to the Early Help service.
- To understand our safeguarding policies and processes and an active commitment to promoting safe practice and proactively raising any issues of concern at an appropriate level of management in order to protect children.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- NVQ level 3 Health and Social Care or equivalent qualification, demonstrating that level of ability in working with children/young people and families or relevant experience. Relevant organisational knowledge of systems, procedures and policies associated with operating a client focused service.
- Significant experience of working with children/young people and their families in a crisis situation and using a range of direct work interventions.
- Experience of working in a multi-agency context, demonstrating an awareness of differing roles and responsibilities and effective methods of collaboration.
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development and age appropriate behaviour relevant to the Early Help service.
- Understanding of current childcare legislation and policy.
- Knowledge of Safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Valid and full driving licence.
A full job description is available upon request.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's