Family Support Worker/Practitioner - Antrim
|Job Title:||Family Support Worker/Practitioner - Antrim|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||14 days ago|
FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER/PRACTITIONER
START ASAP INTIL END OF DECEMBER 2020
37 hours per week. 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
BASED IN Antrim, BT41 1AF
The service will be:
- One to One's with Service Users via Microsoft Teams
- Socially Distanced Home Visits (potentially in garden subject to weather)
- Once Office open, this will be Antrim Based.
Choices Family Support Service (CFSS) aims to support young people age 10-17 years and their families to overcome and manage issues regarding mental health, family breakdown, emotional health and difficulties regarding education. CFSS provide one to one support for young people, family work and parental support. We aim to enable young people to make positive choices and express ambitions for the future.
This is a highly rewarding role where you will be working closely with children and their families, learning about their strengths and challenges and putting together an assessment of their needs.
You will be a vital member of the team, skilled in providing a high level of professional childcare and social work practice using a wide range of therapeutic interventions. Your role as family support practitioner within the service will entail supporting young people to overcome and better manage difficulties they are facing by assessing needs, agreeing a service plan, carrying out agreed work and reviewing on a regular basis.
You will work with families experiencing complex challenges and be creative in your approaches in engaging families who may be avoidant and resistant to your efforts. You will provide reports to referrers which critically analyse progress and outcomes achieved and which will inform decision making on children’s and their families circumstances going forward.
You will be skilled in overcoming the challenges in maintaining and developing effective working relationships with external agencies to ensure the best outcomes for children, young people and their families.
CFSS is an outreach service working in families homes covering the Northern Trust area. It can include some early evening work to suit working parents.
- Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 3 or above or equivalent/related health, counselling or social care qualification.
- 5 years’ experience working in a multi-disciplinary team providing services to families and children aged 10-17 years.
- Extensive experience of working with young people and parents, preferably in age range 10-17.
- Experience of working with various issues particularly low level mental health issues (anxiety, self-harm, low mood) and low esteem etc.
- Good working knowledge of safeguarding and child protection procedures.
- Competence in the use of IT packages including MS Windows and Office along with email and internet and good record keeping.
Valid enhanced DBS
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact us on:
0800 988 6307 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Support Worker - Merseyside
Salary: £9.50 - 9.50 per hour
Night Support Assistant - Guildford
Salary: £9.20 - 9.20 per hour
Best Interest Assessor - (Social and Healthcare Qualified)
Salary: £17.90 - 17.90 per hour
Salary: £10.16 - 10.16 per hour