Finance Officer - Fareham
|Job Title:||Finance Officer - Fareham|
|Salary:||£17 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||23 days ago|
Finance Officer – Fareham (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £17.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
Working within the finance team of ACRO Criminal Records Office (ACRO)to provide financial information, support managers and staff in ACRO and other national units with regards to finance policy, procedures, within prescribed timescales and standards. To supervise, manage and develop a team of ACRO Finance Assistants/ACRO Finance Office Clerk, to provide a customer focused high quality financial service in terms of timeliness, accuracy, communication and compliance with professional standards.
- Contribute to the operation of the team in the delivery of financial services to ACRO, national units, its stakeholders and other external organisations in order to support accounting processes and ensure all finance tasks and transactions are managed in an accurate and timely manner. Scrutinise and authorise financial transactions within agreed authorisation limits.
- Manage all data within the ACRO finance systems and records. Process requests in accordance with the current agreed procedures and to the agreed timetable.
- Supervise, manage and train, develop and motivate staff within the ACRO finance team, ensuring they are capable of meeting their accountabilities and identifying any training needs. Carry out first line manager responsibilities with regards to PDRs, welfare and performance monitoring. Assist with the recruitment process of staff and interviewing.
- With some supervision, monitor income, expenditure, cash and debt against approved budgets and appropriate policies and procedures. Produce and reconcile management information to monitor financial performance for specific areas of responsibility and provide feedback to key contacts, including deputy managers, head of national units. Present financial reports at stakeholder meetings, to ensure they understand their financialposition and responsibilities. Complete grant funding returns as required.
- Scrutinise and authorise p-card transactions.
- Process and reconcile petty cash transactions including foreign currency.
- Process changes required to cost centres and action journals, accruals and prepayments as necessary.
- Contribute towards the development of guidance and financial procedures. Undertake checks to ensure compliance with legislation and procedures.
- Assist with the delivery of the month end and year end financial procedures. 10. Manage sales ledger and purchase ledger processes.
- To give regular and effective service. ACRO is hosted by The Chief Constable of Hampshire Constabulary. ACRO staff are employed as police staff under Hampshire Constabulary terms and conditions with supplementary ACRO policies, procedures and guidance. This role profile is designed to assist role holders with understanding what is expected of them in their role. ACRO may ask them to undertake other duties, as required, which are not necessarily specified on the role profile but which are commensurate with the grade of the role. The role profile itself may be amended from time to time within the scope and general level of responsibility attached to the role.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's