Finance Officer - Somerset
|Job Title:||Finance Officer - Somerset|
|Salary:||£11.50 - 11.50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
Finance Officer – Somerset (Temp Vacancy)
Full-Time (37 hours)
- Finance officer to support the banking and pensions section of Corporate Finance.
- A mixture of finance duties will be required, but the successful candidate will primarily support the posting (and reconciliation) of the Council's banking transactions to the relevant cost codes within the general ledger. The successful candidate will also assist the Corporate Finance team with the clearance of certain holding codes (such as Local Government Pension Scheme employer contributions and travel expenses).
- Due to the large number of transactions, the successful candidate will need to have experience of working with large data sets and a demonstrable knowledge of data reconciliations would be preferable.
- Complete the monthly VAT returns for SCC, in accordance with statutory accounting requirements, and have them ready for certification/submission within statutory deadlines. (If deadline not met, this has adverse cash-flow implications for SCC, and HM Revenue & Customs impose cash penalties).
- Assist the Senior Accountant in providing advice to staff across SCC departments on matters such as the VAT implications of unusual transactions and new VAT regulations; carrying out compliance checks and special investigations; making voluntary disclosures of earlier VAT accounting errors (penalty minimisation) and in liaising with H.M. Revenue & Customs.
- Carrying out cash book control activities for SCC and Exmoor National Park. These cash book control activities include: maintaining cash book records; weekly bank reconciliations; inter-account transfers; and liaising with SCC’s bankers. Resolve most of the problems encountered.
- Monitor various holding accounts and taking the necessary/appropriate action to clear items including moving money between organisations.
- Monitor corporate and control accounts, reconciling and investigating issues, determining and implementing corrective action where required.
- Carrying out accounting activities for the Pension Fund, liaising with the pensions administration provider when necessary to investigate issues and determine and implement corrective action.
- Compile and process the central apportionments (for allocating overhead costs across all SCC services) in both estimates and closing processes.
- Assist the Finance Manager – Corporate Finance and Senior Accountant in the capital accounting processes and statutory and management reporting needs.
- Process various Income, Payroll and Accounts Payable payment runs on the Albacs system.
- Assist other team members in various revenue accounting consolidation activities for the authority, as directed by the Service Manager - Chief Accountant and Service Manager - Management Accounting. Such activities include, but are not restricted to annual SCC budget production; inflation monitoring; production of the Members Card; precepting issues; production of budget monitoring and outturn reports and returns; production of final accounts and related statutory reports/returns; compliance checking of income and expenditure transactions (over £100,000); liaising with SCC’s external auditors and completion of various questionnaires for Government departments and other bodies.
- Extract, collate and analyse data from the financial accounting system (SAP) and other systems and compile and produce reports for services and FOI requests.
- Understand, uphold and promote the aims of the council’s equality, diversity and inclusion policies; health, safety and wellbeing of self and others; and Organisational values in everything you do. Equality and Diversity practice covers both interaction with staff, service users and communities and includes challenging discrimination and promoting equality of opportunity for all.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Brokerage Officer - Uxbridge
Salary: £20 per hour
Accountancy Officer - Worcester
Salary: £14 per hour
Revenues Officer - Esher
Salary: £30 per hour
Paralegal Officer - Northallerton
Salary: £15 per hour
Complaints Officer - Greenwich
Salary: £12.37 - 12.37 per hour