Finance Officer | Swindon Borough Council | Wiltshire
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Finance Officer for Swindon Borough Council
They will administer vulnerable adult's finances who are in residential care and the community where there is no other appropriate person to act on their behalf under an Appointee or Deputyship service.
The successful candidate will ensure that legal and financial requirements are met whilst ensuring the five principles of the mental capacity act are complied with and Office of the Public Guardian standards are met. They will manage an allocated caseload of service user's, ensuring their financial circumstances are maximized. Being responsible for developing and maintaining an effective relationship with the nominated SBC Deputyship Officer and ensure appropriate matters are brought to their attention and resolved in a timely manner.
Your Role may include:
- Meeting the needs of our service user's and ensuring a high standard of service is achieved.
- Ensure all activities are performed in accordance with defined processes, timetables and in a compliant manner.
- To record transactions on an in house excel based system and to provide a clear audit trail to demonstrate compliance, good record keeping and fair customer outcomes.
- Committed to meeting deadlines and adhering to requirements in relation to accuracy and high-pressure timescales.
- To deal with enquiries within the organization and externally. Taking ownership of query resolution and providing support in escalation processes where appropriate.
- Promote a customer focused and team-based culture that identifies, communicates, and addresses customer needs.
- Ability to make site visits throughout the Borough.
What you will need:
- Experience of working within a finance environment for a minimum of two years.
- Proven high standard of accuracy with regard to data entry.
- Ability to work in a high-volume transaction environment.
- Good communication skills and ability to respond to queries with a high level of customer service.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Excel.
Salary is £9.50 - £10 ph.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and care professionals.
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Scarlett D'Vaz on 0208 514 9139.