Finance Processing Officer/Administrator
ASAP start until September 2018
Temp - Mon - Fri
£8.40 per hour
Applicants must have minimum of 1 years' experience in Financial Admin
To provide financial and administrative support within the Accounts Section of Financial Processing. The Accounts Section deals with the payment of invoices to providers of home care, day care and travel and other sundry payments. It also deals with home care and short break care charges and the setting up and monitoring of payments. Associated with these duties are the requirements to liaise with various colleagues and agencies, maintain files and records and update various computer systems.
The post holder will be supervised by the Section Head working under standard operating procedures. They will take advice from the Section Head on strategy and policy issues and any complex queries. However, they will be required to organise their own workload, setting priorities and meeting deadlines in relation to the payment of invoices and the setting up of payment methods. They will need use their own initiative when dealing with payment queries and home care charge queries.
Key Result Areas
To provide general financial and administrative support in the Accounts Section to include:
- a) The processing of invoices from providers of home care, short break care, day care, travel and other miscellaneous suppliers.
- b) To research and confirm information and update computer systems as required
- c) Liaison with colleagues and professional officers, both internal and external
- d) The organisation and maintenance of files
- e) To assist in the payment of telephone bills and line rental for Adult Care establishments and employee telephone line rental.
- f) To act as proxy for home care staff in the processing of mileage and subsistence claims
- g) To assist in debt control
- h) To assist in the collection of client contributions for home care, setting up payment methods and monitoring systems.
- i) To deal with queries on financial matters associated with home care/short break care via a Helpline.
- j) To work as part of a team and educate/train others where necessary
. SYSTEMS AND EQUIPMENT
The post holder will spend the majority of their time working on a PC using various computer systems including:
- a) Swift - main database of client records. The post holder will be responsible for checking/verifying information on Swift.
- b) Oracle - system for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. The post holder will use this system for making payments and for raising charge invoices.
- c) Outlook - to manage e-mail correspondence
- d) Microsoft Office Word - to compile letters, memos and reports which may be personally generated or requested by the Section Head.
- e) Microsoft Office Excel - to create and manage spreadsheets in relation to financial information and for checking of invoice details