Financial Management Information Officer - Bolton
|Job Title:||Financial Management Information Officer - Bolton|
|Salary:||£14.63 - 14.63 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||18 days ago|
Financial Management Information Officer – Bolton
Salary: £ 14.63ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To assist in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget.
- Contribute to the accurate preparation and maintenance of the Department’s budget.
- To work with Budget managers on a one to one basis to ensure that projects are cost effective and provide value for money (Project Appraisal).
- To develop, maintain and provide, in conjunction with Senior Managers in the service area, a range of financial information for budget holders including unit costs and budget monitoring information.
- To identify key risk areas and work with service managers to mitigate the risk.
- To provide advice to, and liaise with, a range of budget holders across the Department to ensure that the best use is made of the Department’s financial resources.
- To assist in the arrangement and administration of a programme of financial training for all staff within the Department.
- To provide financial support regarding departmental initiatives
- To provide training in a lead role to ensure all staff are adequately trained
- Responsibility for work on specific financial projects or developments in order to enable the Section to respond to the changes that affect the finance function.
- To assist in the preparation of final accounts
- Preparation of the budget for the service area within the postholders responsibility
- To prepare budget monitoring information for any area of the Department’s activity.
- To assist in the preparation of the monthly monitoring information relating to the budget changes agreed through the Corporate Business Planning Process.
- To liaise and consult with a variety of budgets holders in order to agree budget allocations and monitoring information in relation to those allocations.
- To create and maintain effective communication with the Budget Holders through consultation, liaison and close working with other relevant staff from the Department and with individuals from other Departments or Agencies.
- To be familiar with the opportunities created by the use of information technology facilities and contribute to the further development of computer-based resource systems, within the context of the role, as outlined in the main areas of work.
- To assist in other areas of work within the Joint Finance Section, as requested by the Finance Management Team.
- The job description is not intended to be inclusive or exhaustive. The Council reserves the right to vary the duties within the responsibility of the grade of the post and the post holder’s qualifications and experience in the light of changed circumstances. The post holder will be required to adapt to changing a situation and be prepared to keep abreast of all new developments affecting the post.
Health and Safety
- To operate safely within the workplace with regard to Health and Safety legislation.
- To adhere to national, corporate, and departmental policies and procedures on confidentiality and the management and sharing of information.
Limits of Authority
- Within the framework of Council and Departmental policies and instructions, and subject to the overriding authority of his/her line manager, the officer holding this post is authorised to undertake all duties appertaining to the areas of work outlined above, and in line with the Council’s Code of Practice/Conduct
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 020 8514 9176.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Trading Standards Officer - Shropshire
Salary: £18.63 - 18.63 per hour
Digital Project Officer - Rochdale
Salary: £17.51 - 17.51 per hour
Trading Standards Officer - Kidderminster
Salary: £27.29 - 27.29 per hour
Senior Planning Officer - Basingstoke
Salary: £25 per hour