Floating Support Worker
|Job Title:||Floating Support Worker|
|Salary:||£11.20 - 13.00 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
JOB TITLE: Floating Support Worker
PLACEMENT: ASAP, ongoing. Monday- Friday, 9am-5pm
PAY RATE: PAYE from £11.20 per hour & Umbrella from £13 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking Floating Support Worker to support anyone in Leeds over the age of 18 who is struggling with their housing and have support needs. You would need to work collaboratively as part of a committed team to deliver an outstanding service and a range of personalised support that puts customers first, empowering them to achieve their goals and aspirations.
You will be required to work in the community and visit customers in their own homes. The customers you work with will be facing challenges and may be at risk of becoming homeless.
We work with people from all tenures including council housing, housing associations, private landlords and people who own their own homes by providing a visiting support service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Co-producing bespoke support plans that enable customers to sustain their own tenancies, involving key stakeholders (e.g. family/other support providers) where appropriate.
- Leading on the organisation and delivery of scheduled reviews of support and risk plans or following an incident/significant change in a customer’s circumstances.
- Engaging customers to meet agreed outcomes and develop independent living skills.
- Assisting customers with day-to-day support and tenancy-related matters.
- Identifying and promoting opportunities for employment, education and training and supporting customers to remove barriers to accessing these opportunities.
- Supporting customers who may be living in temporary accommodation to be ‘tenancy ready’ enabling successful move on and tenancy sustainment.
- Signposting customers to appropriate external support services, including interventions such as food banks and other community resources.
- Supporting customers to maintain financial independence through budgeting plans and maximising income.
- Assisting customers with sign-posting for specific debt advice, financial statements and negotiating with third parties where necessary.
- Supporting and monitoring customers’ healthcare needs, proactively encouraging appropriate contact with healthcare professionals.
- Ensuring the safety of our customers by following local safeguarding procedures, recognizing and acting on any significant risk, and escalating appropriately.
- Recording and updating clear, factual and accurate strengths-based customer information on the local or appropriate digital platform.
- Facilitate the referral process into the service and assess potential new customers.
- Work in partnership with local authority, social and private rented housing to identify suitable accommodation for customers who are living in temporary accommodation or at risk of homelessness too set up and maintain a tenancy either virtual or face to face support.
- Carrying out housing support assessments for vulnerable customers and ensuring they are linked into relevant support and health services as indicated by assessment.
- Provide initial tenancy related support, advice and assistance directly to tenants as required, to prevent escalation of issues and sustain the tenancy.
- Advise and advocate on behalf of the customers.
- DBS Check
- Work flexible hours to meet customer and business needs, which may not include normal office hours.
- Travel too customers’ homes within an identified geographical area.
- Use the Lone Worker system as and when necessary.
- Ensure customers are safe at all times - carrying out all of your duties within Riverside’s Policy and Procedure framework e.g. health & safety, safeguarding, dignity at work, GDPR, cash handling, etc.
- Deliver your role in line with the Riverside company values – “Our Riverside Way”.
- Participate in team meetings, regular supervisions and reflective practice sessions.
- Undertake regular training and take responsibility for your own continuous development to enable you to deliver your role safely.
- From time to time you may be required to undertake additional duties and responsibilities in consultation with your Line Manager.
A full job description is available upon request.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0208 514 9147 or email email@example.com.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available