Haulage and Waste Management Officer - Glenfield
|Job Title:||Haulage and Waste Management Officer - Glenfield|
|Salary:||£15 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||21 days ago|
Haulage and Waste Management Officer – Glenfield (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £15.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To assist with the operational management and development of Leicestershire County Council’s haulage service and Waste Transfer Stations, and provide contract management support for waste haulage, disposal and treatment contracts.
- To ensure that the services are delivered for the benefit of the people of Leicestershire.
- To be responsible for maintaining effective partnerships and working relationships with statutory, voluntary, private agencies and communities to promote and meet the Council’s and Department’s responsibilities and objectives.
- To ensure activities are delivered in the most efficient and effective manner as possible.
- To be responsible for technical advice to Members, partners, customers and stakeholders to ensure appropriate communication and dialogue takes place; including writing reports.
- To support the performance management of services and teams through the departmental business planning process to drive continuous improvement in the delivery of Departmental and Service outcomes; monitoring and reporting on progress as required
- To support the Senior Haulage Officer and other officers in the provision of the Council operated haulage services, waste transfer operations and contract management as required and provide cover in the absence of the Senior Haulage Officer or Senior Contracts Officer.
- Manage and operate relevant contracts including those for: Waste Transfer Stations (WTS), waste disposal/treatment and environmental maintenance.
- Oversee site provision, operation and maintenance, including operational equipment (i.e. HGV’s, mobile plant, containers etc.), legal consents and other systems (such as weighbridges, CCTV, dashcams and vehicle trackers etc.).
- Monitor compliance at WTS sites (and RHWS as required) in accordance with relevant legislation including health and safety and environmental legislation etc.
- Manage and monitor relevant service budgets.
- To maintain positive and cooperative working relationships within the Waste Management Delivery Service, the wider Environment Branch and manage customer enquiries.
- Assist in procurement processes that are relevant to waste management and haulage. Preparation of contract documentation, including contract specifications and invitations to tender, in accordance with EU legislation and County Council procedures.
- To manage staff, developing their skills and competencies to support changing priorities, and keeping the capabilities of the service up to date and appropriate for business requirements. Including undertaking Annual Performance Reviews (APRs) of staff in accordance with the County Council’s policy
- Define requirements for business systems, data collection, reports, and information analysis to ensure control of the business area.
- To participate in recruitment, induction, training and development programmes to help develop the service and ensure it has the skills it needs to deliver its forward programme.
- To manage staff attendance and performance (including disciplinarily processes) as appropriate.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's