Head of Integrated SEND – North London
Salary: £62,200 - £71,900
Duties include but are not limited:
- To lead the strategic development, coordination and operational delivery of integrated services for children and
- young people with special educational needs and those with disabilities, informed by the Government’s SEND
- reforms, legislative requirements and corporate priorities.
- Establish and maintain a cross-sector leadership role, including establishing joint-commissioning structures to
- maximise the use of resources.
- Create a workforce that is confident, positive and works together in change, to deliver high quality and value for
- money services that minimise risk and maximise the positive long-term outcomes for this group of children and
- young people.
- To embed the voice of the child and young person, parental involvement and coproduction through consultation
- and feedback in order to identify and address gaps and shape the services.
- To develop pertinent and informed business information in relation to service delivery and service improvement
- and use this to initiate the development of local and national standards across services for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
- Deep and detailed knowledge of principles and practices gained through extensive experience and development in a specific field.
- Degree level or equivalent qualification plus relevant experience.
- Membership of appropriate professional body by examination e.g. CIPFA, RICS or evidence of continuing professional development (CPD).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with high level internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage complex service delivery within a challenging and political environment.
- Understands the commercial context of the service they provide.
- Ability to exercise initiative and good judgement in delivering service and Council aims and objectives
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4 Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
If interested, please contact Max Catherall on 0208 514 9176