Head of Planning - Bolton
|Job Title:||Head of Planning - Bolton|
|Salary:||£27.58 - 27.58 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||13 days ago|
Head of Planning – Bolton
Salary: £ 27.58ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To lead, manage, develop and deliver strategies, programmes and initiatives that promote and secure the Council’s Development objectives and provide the strategic management of the Planning Service which includes the Planning (including Strategic Planning) and Building Control functions in accordance with the statutory requirements placed on the organisation. To ensure it achieves or exceeds its objectives and provides, responsive, efficient and accountable results.
- To represent Bolton Council as its Chief Planning Officer.
- To lead, manage, develop and deliver strategies, programmes and initiatives that promote and secure the Council’s Development objectives through the strategic management of the Development Management Service in accordance with the statutory requirements placed on the organisation to ensure it achieves or exceeds its objectives and provides value for money.
- To lead and ensure the effective management of the Development Management and Strategic Planning Services including the teams, staff and budget resources it manages and deploys.
- To advise and support Chief Officers and Elected Members on all Development Management issues.
- To lead the Service and support the Departmental Management Team objectives and values in providing a high quality service to customers and users, through a positive customer, outcome, commercial and solution focused culture, excellent performance, value for money and continuous improvement.
- To lead the Service and support the Strategic Planning Team objectives values and ensure effective engagement at a GM level, including the development and review of the Greater Manchester Spatial Framework and other plans/strategies. To monitor and review the Council’s plans and strategies and to ensure that these are updated effectively.
- To ensure that the Council’s Development Management Service is commercially focused, responsive to market opportunities, and the changing needs and demands of residents, businesses, investors and visitors, within the agreed spatial planning, regeneration, economic development and service improvement frameworks which underpin the delivery of Bolton’s Community Strategy and Vision.
- To take a leading role within the Council, in conjunction with the Director and the Assistant Director Economic Development and Regeneration, and with local, sub/city-regional, regional and national partners, on developing and delivering development initiatives that realise the full growth potential of Bolton, whilst maximising residents’ access to the opportunities created.
- To support the Assistant Director Economic Development and Regeneration in implementing Development Management Service that is linked to the delivery of regional strategy, policies, frameworks and the Council’s local plan and appropriate strategies of partners.
- To take a significant, and as appropriate leading, role in the preparation, development, implementation and evaluation of local and regional plans, frameworks and strategies and, Supplementary Planning Documents.
- To support the Assistant Director Economic Development and Regeneration in the management and development of relationships with developers, investors and end-users together with wider strategic partners/partnerships locally, regionally and as appropriate nationally and internationally.
- To play a full part, as a member of the Management Team and other Departmental and Corporate Groups, in achieving the Council’s objectives
- To represent the Service, Division and Department as appropriate at Council meetings, Corporate Working Groups and key external partnership meetings, conferences and events.
- To deputise for the Assistant Director Economic Development and Regeneration as appropriate.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 02085149176
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Regulatory Compliance - Liverpool
Salary: £40 per hour
Principal Development Officer (Buildings) - Bolton
Salary: £15.81 - 15.81 per hour
Children & Family Support Worker - Bolton Council
Salary: £14 per hour
SEN Planning Review Officer - Dorset
Salary: £10.63 - 10.63 per hour