Head of Private Housing Partnerships - Central London
|Job Title:||Head of Private Housing Partnerships - Central London|
|Salary:||£30 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Toni Dunkley|
|Job Published:||over 2 years ago|
Head of Private Housing Partnerships – Central London
Contract: 6-12 Month Contract
Hours: Monday to Friday / 9:00am-5:00pm (37 Hours a Week)
Pay Rate: £30 an Hour
- To manage effectively the Private Sector Partnership teams to ensure that the department meets the Council's core aims and objectives and the Departmental and Section's targets.
- To build on strategies to ensure the best and most cost effective use of temporary accommodation, to achieve our goal to continue to reduce the number of households in temporary accommodation.
- To ensure a supply of good quality and accessible temporary accommodation and to manage letting this accommodation.
- To work with colleagues in housing management and children’s services where their service users require temporary accommodation.
- To ensure effective support to people placed in temporary housing by the Council by way of information and advice with benefits and liaising with other support agencies.
- To be the budget holder for the temporary accommodation budget, to manage the payments to suppliers of temporary accommodation and all aspects of rent and income recovery for temporary accommodation, including close liaison with benefits services.
- To ensure that the council has a good relationship with private sector landlords – through the landlord’s forum, newsletter and training.
- To oversee the procurement and management of contracts with temporary accommodation providers and to lead on contract management meetings with providers.
- To oversee move on from temporary accommodation in line with all current legislation and regulations.
We are looking for someone who:
- We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic person to cover the post of Head of Private Housing Partnerships for 6-12 months.
- The Private Sector Partnerships Manager is responsible for managing the Council's temporary accommodation service and relationships with the private housing market.
- The post holder will work closely with the council’s housing needs service to ensure that a supply of suitable temporary accommodation is available for residents who are homeless. This will include managing a mixed portfolio of temporary housing used by the borough including council stock, housing association leased schemes (HALS) and private sector leased schemes.
- Whilst we are a borough with a relatively small number of households in temporary accommodation, we are looking for someone to help us to reduce the number further and to meet our ambition to reduce our reliance on the private rented sector for temporary accommodation.
- We are looking for someone who:
- Wants to reduce inequality by ensuring that homeless households have access to good quality, affordable accommodation and are given the support they need to ensure that being in temporary housing doesn’t have a negative impact on them.
- Can lead a team dealing with vulnerable clients with a focus on empowering staff to provide the best service they can.
- Has a proven ability to work well with other departments and external agencies and a commitment to working collaboratively.
- Can manage a large complex budget; ensuring we are providing good quality services on a tight budget.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Private Housing Partnerships vacancies in your area please contact Liam Heddle on 0208 911 1091
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available